Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And so it begins…..map of Sections in open revolt

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’ll also point out that a non-trivial proportion of USPSA member activities are Steel Challenge and there is no organized suitable alternative sport for that.
    RCSA is a thing, at least for rimfire.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    RCSA is a thing, at least for rimfire.
    For a lot of the Steel Challenge shooters that I know, SCSA’s database and classification is a huge positive. You can compete against yourself and the database no matter who shows up at the match.

Here in WI, two of our seven (?) clubs have dropped USPSA affiliation, and one club will run one 10 stage PCSL match this year in addition to their monthly USPSA match . Not sure if it counts as a “revolt”.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Here in WI, two of our seven (?) clubs have dropped USPSA affiliation, and one club will run one 10 stage PCSL match this year in addition to their monthly USPSA match . Not sure if it counts as a “revolt”.
    Both the BOD and Insights/Stoeger are two sides of the same coin. Both sides push their own agenda above all else and thinly mask it with saying “it’s for the greater good” when really it’s just for their own egos primarily.

Both sides don’t care about collateral human damage and destruction as long as their agenda is pushed forward.

I think both sides lack basic human compassion and kindness, being driven more by their feelings of being wronged or slighted above all else.

Without Insights, Arnburg would still be on the board…

I’ll also point out that a non-trivial proportion of USPSA member activities are Steel Challenge and there is no organized suitable alternative sport for that.
    I almost kept my USPSA membership for that very reason. In the end I didn't renew, for the first time since I joined in 2016 when CO went provisional.

Both the BOD and Insights/Stoeger are two sides of the same coin. Both sides push their own agenda above all else and thinly mask it with saying “it’s for the greater good” when really it’s just for their own egos primarily.

Both sides don’t care about collateral human damage and destruction as long as their agenda is pushed forward.

I think both sides lack basic human compassion and kindness, being driven more by their feelings of being wronged or slighted above all else.

Without Insights, Arnburg would still be on the board…
    But they aren’t the same coin. The BoD is an elected body representing USPSA members. They should be held to a high standard, and have failed miserably.

Everyone else on the Internet can be any level of dick they want to be, and IMO not relevant to the situation.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    But they aren’t the same coin. The BoD is an elected body representing USPSA members. They should be held to a high standard, and have failed miserably.

Everyone else on the Internet can be any level of dick they want to be, and IMO not relevant to the situation.
    We have different opinions and expectations of elected officials.

Elected officials are often egomaniacs who get corrupted with power. They usually can’t even meet a basic standard of decency.

If we can’t reasonably expect a President of the US not to take advantage of an intern in a blue dress with a cigar while on a work call on work property (and then fucking lie about it on national TV with a weepy straight face) or other Presidents to engage in similarly short sighted and self serving agendas…

I expect even less from USPSA.

I’d love it if we could have it. Arnburg is one of those guys who meet a high standard. He’s the exception rather than the rule.

But I don’t hold Stoeger and Derek blameless because if they didn’t have their campaign bathed in juvenile hyperbole, then Arnburg might still be able to do some good.

Basically they’re sabotaging progress to serve their scorched earth narrative and they don’t love the sport any more than the BOD.

So in my mind they’re both working for the detriment of the org.

I don’t vote for the other area directors and they’re as much out of my control as Stoeger and Derek.

Newest map.

Name:  IMG_3875.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  43.1 KB

It’s a live map and updates regularly. https://www.practicalshootinginsights.com
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Dayum. That’s a lot of torches and pitchforks agathering.

User Tag List