Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins…..map of Sections in open revolt

And so it begins…..map of Sections in open revolt

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 21.27.17.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  46.9 KB

I wonder who’s next?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Ayup...PSI has been pretty spicy this week.

Mark Stamper, the new GA sectional coordinator; that is the same Mark Stamper who was involved in the recent dust-up at PCC Nationals with D NROI. I am assuming?

Name:  IMG_3815.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  51.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Dang, I thought it was another civil war brewing over Trump's right to run for president again.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Stoeger and PSI are both like CNN to me.

"Revolt" is a little strong of a term. And the color map is just cheesy.

They're media spinning it into what they want it to represent for their own egos.

There are definitely clubs and states that are fed up, but it's more civil disobedience and withdrawal than insurrection.

And in that way, it's likely to be more powerful because it can't be bullied or shut down.

You can't make people do anything and if the people who would volunteer for USPSA decide to volunteer for PCSL or hit factor matches, there's no sanction or punishment that USPSA BOD can do for control.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dang, I thought it was another civil war brewing over Trump's right to run for president again.
    Different map...
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Couple questions, apologies if obvious:

USPSA is divided into 8 "Areas", correct? So are the Areas then further divided into "Sections", with each Section representing a single State, within the Area?

I'm just trying to work out what the granularity of the Areas are, when folks say they are a "Section Coordinator."

The "About USPSA" page on .org contains this, but it's not clear what a Section is: "The association is organized into 8 "Areas", each of which is represented by an Area Director at the board meetings of the organization. Further, each Area is divided into sections which is represented by a Section Coordinator responsible for coordinating the activities of clubs within his/ her section, and managing the nationals slot distribution process.

Second, does anyone have a link to this "Live Map" that PSI keeps mentioning? I am not on instagram or any other social media, really, so if this is an "ok boomer" question, no worries, I'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    are the Areas then further divided into "Sections", with each Section representing a single State, within the Area?
    Mostly, there is an Alabama section and we have a section coordinator, he/she is responsible for stuff like coordinating our state match (section championship) with which ever club is hosting it, they have other duties that I am not familiar with. I know when we want to have a special classifier match at the club level we have to get permission from that person (always just a formality).

I say mostly because I am not sure if some states are split and have more than one section, or if some states are combined with another.

Alabama section has always been a part of area 6 as long as I have been around.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Me?

Mediocre and Super Senior....
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List