Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI approves Aimpoint Duty

FBI approves Aimpoint Duty

https://soldiersystems.net/2023/12/2...ounts-program/

Not surprisingly since the Duty would seem to be Aimpoint's answer to the SIG Romeo 4M and T.

I like the selectable reticle option of the Romeo and am intrigued by the concept of the new AAA powered SIG. But for essentially the same money the Aimpoint is going to a sort of unvetted optic but from a well vetted company.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

For what it’s worth, I sold my Duty RDS and replaced with the Sig 4XT Pro. No comparison between the two. I have astigmatism and the Duty looked like a bunch of grapes, the 4XT Pro is round, perfectly so with a 3X magnifier behind it. In fact, I bought another 4XT recently. IMO superior lense and dot quality.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    For what it’s worth, I sold my Duty RDS and replaced with the Sig 4XT Pro. No comparison between the two. I have astigmatism and the Duty looked like a bunch of grapes, the 4XT Pro is round, perfectly so with a 3X magnifier behind it. In fact, I bought another 4XT recently. IMO superior lense and dot quality.
    I actually like the idea of the 4XT. No unnecessary solar panel and what looks like solid build quality. Plus a common mounting footprint with plenty of options.

The Duty will arguably be generally higher quality. Or at least from a company with a good track record of QC.

Thanks for sharing the information about the Sig 4XT Pro and a magnifier playing well with your astigmatism As my eyes have matured, I've developed an astigmatism. I've been curious to see how this optic works under magnification with astigmatism. My Aimpoint T2 is workable for me with a 3x. My older Aimpoint T1's and Trijicon MRO's look like a fuzzy kidney bean to me when used with a 3x.

What kind of magnifier are you using with your Sig 4XT Pro?

Primary Arms Pegasus. I don’t run it this tight, was checking to see how closely they meet. I run the 3X in this location and the 4XT as far forward on the receiver as possible. Both are on 1.93 mounts and the 3X is a flip to side.

Name:  IMG_3378.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  IMG_3379.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  24.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Thanks for sharing the information about the Sig 4XT Pro and a magnifier playing well with your astigmatism As my eyes have matured, I've developed an astigmatism. I've been curious to see how this optic works under magnification with astigmatism. My Aimpoint T2 is workable for me with a 3x. My older Aimpoint T1's and Trijicon MRO's look like a fuzzy kidney bean to me when used with a 3x.

What kind of magnifier are you using with your Sig 4XT Pro?
    It’s my understanding the emitter on the 4XT is located differently than Aimpoints which explains why the dot appears, at least to my eyes, as freakishly perfectly round. I don’t recall where I read or heard that.

I wonder how the 4XT might work as a primary optic paired with something like the Primary Arms 3x prism as secondary. The 4XT is fairly flat on the left side so it might be possible to tuck the 3x in tight with a Forward Controls parallel mount. I don't think the Duty would work as well since the controls are on the left and would potentially be blocked by the optic.

I may have to play with this idea...

You guys are about to cost me money...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I wonder how the 4XT might work as a primary optic paired with something like the Primary Arms 3x prism as secondary. The 4XT is fairly flat on the left side so it might be possible to tuck the 3x in tight with a Forward Controls parallel mount. I don't think the Duty would work as well since the controls are on the left and would potentially be blocked by the optic.

I may have to play with this idea...
    Similar concept to the video in this thread? Video is Tactical Rifleman.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roprism-offset

Similar concept to the video in this thread? Video is Tactical Rifleman.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roprism-offset
    Yes. That's what I'm thinking. But without the 45° offset.

User Tag List