Well, now it starts. My friend gifted me a Ruger 10-22 the other day. It's in great shape and has been built up for a target rifle. Heavy Clark Barrel, Simmons 3 X 34 power scope I believe, Hogue Over Molded Stock and some trigger work.

I ordered a BX trigger for it along with a 3 pack of magazines, a book on how to tune it and I found an older trigger group that just needed a spring to work. I'm hoping I can use that as a spare.

The whole thing started when we were checking out his collection. I noticed he had two 10-22s and I've been wanting to get one for Steel Challenge matches. I told him I hinted to my son that I wanted one, he has two that I built years ago and he doesn't shoot but he didn't take the hint. My friend just walked into his safe, took out one of his and said...here. He told me I paid for most of it anyway.

I gave him the Hogue stock years ago after winning it at a local match. I did the action work too, but that was years ago and it can be better.

I'm hoping the BX will get me down to a nicer 2-2.5 trigger pull. I'm switching out the Simmons for an old C-More red dot so I needed to buy a new sight mount.

The barrel is sweet. The gun shoots great but it's heavy. I have a stock barrel that I may put on to lighten it up.

Great to have friends. We've been buddies for 50 years and have traded guns and archery equipment back and forth but I know I've come out on top on most of the deals.