Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Every time...

Cuff keys on your EDC keyrings will get you killed in da streetz.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Believe it or not, when my agency was transitioning to the GLOCK 47's, we had a brand new in box example exhibit this exact issue, and I fixed it in the cleaning room in about 30 seconds. The special agent who has the pistol issued to them had it in his possession for about 5 minutes, and did not screw with the pistol in any way.
    I don't doubt it. It been the most common slimline/Gen5 "issue" (it's not really an issue since it only takes a couple seconds to fix) I've seen other than people either holding down, or inadvertently pushing up, the ambi slide release.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    Cuff keys on your EDC keyrings will get you killed in da streetz.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I'm not anti-Staccato at all. I just picked up a C2 and it's one of the pistols I've been contemplating switching to. Glocks are just so darn simple though and work. It's hard to ignore!
    They do shoot real nice and fancy-like.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How....pedestrian.

Name:  IMG_20231223_085139592_HDR[1].jpg
Views: 364
Size:  42.8 KB

(Officially the only flex I'll ever have on you guys! )
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

^^^^

I guess it's true...everything's bigger in TX.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

When I was younger, in my 20s mostly, I went through pretty much every quality handgun design out there. I had picked up a very early G21, though I recall it was a second choice over a Sig P220 .45. In retrospect that was fortuitous, as later I would own a P220 and while accurate, I never shot that gun like the Gen 2 G21.

The 1911s have been with me always, but I tried various Sigs, S&Ws, CZ, a Tanfoglio CZ knockoff, Beretta, etc. Eventually coming full circle, I ended up right back where I started, with Glocks and 1911s in the semi auto platforms. While I have some other examples from manufacturers that I really like, like my S&W CQB 4563, the Glocks and 1911s are what do the job day to day.

Plus if I am heading out the door for a trip that may involve being in the elements, or austere conditions, the Glock just makes sense. Most parts that are likely to need replaced in the unlikely event of failure can fit in a sandwich baggie and be shoved in a small pocket on my rucksack. They are the most practical tool I know for the type of travels and places I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Glocks and 1911s are what do the job day to day.
    Exactly how I feel. Others may have different opinions. Decades of experience carrying, training and maintaining have made it crystal clear there is no need to muddy the waters.

Yeah. The ability to fully strip and rebuild a frame and slide using something roughly equivalent to a ten penny nail makes for exceedingly simple cleaning and maintenance. It also helps that most parts are inexpensive and (generally) available.

There are "better" guns than Glocks... but if it works, don't f*** with it.

Mid 90s…don’t recall manufacturer or if still produced.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List