Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Every time...

Every time...

...I consider switching from Glock to carry something else, something like this happens.

I was up at the range today when I dealt with a G48 that had been reassembled incorrectly and was getting a dead trigger (the cruciform wasn't seated into trigger return spring hook).

I was at the front of a 100 yard range and was simply too lazy to walk all the way back to where there are tools. I've talked on here about how one can detail strip a Glock with a Bic pen (I have on multiple occasions). I reached in my pocket and grabbed my keys and used the double-lock nubbin on an old Peerless handcuff key to completely detail strip the receiver, fixed the issue, and the gun was back up and running in less than two minutes.

There simply is not a simpler, more efficient, pistol design out there than the Glock...not one.

I've nearly switched to another pistol several times in the past year, but every time, something like this happens and it reminds me just what a brilliant design this truly is.

Last edited by KevH; 12-21-2023 at 11:40 PM.

Thank goodness you're still in possession of all of your faculties. (I completely agree with your assessment.)

And we never seem to quite outgrow the habit of having that cuff key on our key rings...

(I used to keep two, because I had one set with an unusual key, but I've moved on and just carry the standard one now. )

Name:  Scan_042.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  79.7 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’m guilty of using the double lock stud on a handcuff key to work on a Glock also. Changed out a few backstraps on Gen 4 & Gen 5 guns for people, as I realized I left the punch on the workbench.

When I was younger, I put a handcuff key on all my key rings , including my personal vehicle keys.

Now that I’m retired, I still do. If only because the key ring looks wrong without a handcuff key.

Site Supporter
    Kevin,

I've done that same trick several times during my career. I've also used a nail found on the ground on an Iraqi range and the ballpoint pen trick is good too, although the pen is usually done after that.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    ...I consider switching from Glock to carry something else, something like this happens.

I was up at the range today when I dealt with a G48 that had been reassembled incorrectly and was getting a dead trigger (the cruciform wasn't seated into trigger return spring hook).

I was at the front of a 100 yard range and was simply too lazy to walk all the way back to where there are tools. I've talked on here about how one can detail strip a Glock with a Bic pen (I have on multiple occasions). I reached in my pocket and grabbed my keys and used the double-lock nubbin on an old Peerless handcuff key to completely detail strip the receiver, fixed the issue, and the gun was back up and running in less than two minutes.

There simply is not a simpler, more efficient, pistol design out there than the Glock...not one.

I've nearly switched to another pistol several times in the past year, but every time, something like this happens and it reminds me just what a brilliant design this truly is.

Staccato fan boys are punching the air right now… but in all seriousness… just carry a Glock.

Site Supporter
    Ha! Thanks for posting, now I've got to get my cuff keys and put one on each of my keyrings!!

@blues @Beat Trash @Wayne Dobbs

I've had that same cuff key on my personal key ring for the past 24 years. It's come in handy for lots of things!

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Staccato fan boys are punching the air right now… but in all seriousness… just carry a Glock.
    I'm not anti-Staccato at all. I just picked up a C2 and it's one of the pistols I've been contemplating switching to. Glocks are just so darn simple though and work. It's hard to ignore!

Believe it or not, when my agency was transitioning to the GLOCK 47's, we had a brand new in box example exhibit this exact issue, and I fixed it in the cleaning room in about 30 seconds. The special agent who has the pistol issued to them had it in his possession for about 5 minutes, and did not screw with the pistol in any way.

@blues @Beat Trash @Wayne Dobbs

I've had that same cuff key on my personal key ring for the past 24 years. It's come in handy for lots of things!
    Hold my beer! (I've got to have been carrying that key for 35 years or more.)

The champion on my key ring is that disc with the screwdriver tips. Given to me by my uncle back in the late 50's or very early 60's after he returned from military service in Greenland.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List