Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Every time...

Alright...I'm not taking this sitting down...

Name:  IMG_1474.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  27.3 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

LoL- you guys are killing me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    LoL- you guys are killing me!
    You obviously have excellent taste.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You obviously have excellent taste.
    Even found an original Bianchi key as well as a Smith Wesson marked key! Back in the day I never left home without one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    ...I consider switching from Glock to carry something else, something like this happens.

I was up at the range today when I dealt with a G48 that had been reassembled incorrectly and was getting a dead trigger (the cruciform wasn't seated into trigger return spring hook).

I was at the front of a 100 yard range and was simply too lazy to walk all the way back to where there are tools. I've talked on here about how one can detail strip a Glock with a Bic pen (I have on multiple occasions). I reached in my pocket and grabbed my keys and used the double-lock nubbin on an old Peerless handcuff key to completely detail strip the receiver, fixed the issue, and the gun was back up and running in less than two minutes.

There simply is not a simpler, more efficient, pistol design out there than the Glock...not one.

I've nearly switched to another pistol several times in the past year, but every time, something like this happens and it reminds me just what a brilliant design this truly is.

When I saw the thread title I was expecting this:

John Whithersoon is every dad, everywhere….

I came home with a new Glock 47 day before yesterday. While dry firing it, I thought to myself, “This gun is a plastic piece of shit BUT it will run like a scalded dog if you do your part.” Can’t get over how basic and how capable it is. Also, there is more to selecting a firearm than the trigger.

To wit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zfw9Wc...dyYW5kbWFzdGVy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8O0HVm...Z2xvY2sgMzQ%3D
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

OK, you guys just reinforced why I have such a deep attachment to Glocks.
    I keep a spare internals kit in my range bag. Not much larger than a deck of cards.

Now I'm just an old ER RN, not LEO. But an officer (while I was working in New Orleans) some 20 years ago, gave me a Peerless key and told me "bad guys use cuffs too".
    Well, I never happened into that scenario but I have on several occasions had to uncuff a prisoner to give them emergent care (like blood pouring out of them or them having an MI) and the Deputies with the patient said their Shift Leader would be in the ER soon...with the key.

Stuff happens.

The Key ring on the right always rode appendix area in my scrubs. My old "John Wayne" (from my C-Rat days), a Peerless key, and some sort of screwdriver device I've had since the '70's.
    The key ring on the left (either clipped to my undershirt while in scrubs) or in my left jean pocket with in my "people clothes" has Glock armorers tool (God knows where or how long I've had that) and an extra cuff key.

I just didn't want you guys to think all of us old civvies aren't wise to your ways nor appreciate them.

Oh, and the fine LEO folks I know have saved my ass on more than one occasion. Thank you!

Name:  Key rings.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  62.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I still keep a handcuff key on my key ring. I stopped keeping a handcuff key in my shoe laces since I retired. Funny how people keep little reminders from their past around. My primary key split ring is actually from a grenade. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I still keep a handcuff key on my key ring. I stopped keeping a handcuff key in my shoe laces since I retired. Funny how people keep little reminders from their past around. My primary key split ring is actually from a grenade. Good times
    Poconnor:

A split ring from a grenade? I thought I was the only one who did that. Brings back memories.

Merry Christmas,

Bruce

P.S. I haven't been able to take the cuff key off of my key ring either.
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Perfection.

User Tag List