Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kaboom this afternoon

Site Supporter
    In addition to the risk of injury, it appears that what was probably a $2,000 gun is now a paperweight/conversation piece.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Jeez! When I saw the thread title I said to myself “don’t be a 320, don’t be a 320!” Then I saw it was a 320! Doh!

I really love my 320 it’s so damn shootable!

Glad she’s OK!!

Bruce is building a 40 Mason Lane edition 320 for Limited I of course am interested in, probably gonna be a kaboom machine!

I see a bunch of that ammo hitting the gun shows in the future. Not yours of course, GJM, others just trying to dump it. Thanks for the heads up. Glad nobody was seriously injured.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Thank God he's OK.

Object lesson we constantly need to relearn - if you're not rolling you own ammo, buy quality factory ammo.

I'll join everyone else in stating my relief that Charlie (or anyone else) was not injured.

And I'll add that it seems as though Charlie has faced and handily dealt with some real challenges this year, considering her shoulder injury and the recently described KaBoom!

And a suggestion . . . I worked in the copper mining industry for about 40 years and most of my time was spent around smelters and rod plants, dealing with hot metals. The nature of those types of operations is that one must be prepared to occasionally deal with a "Ka Boom".

However, we recognized that there are different levels of Kabooms. When they increase in severity, intensity, or fright inducing activity, we upgraded the Kabooms to "KFB's".
    (K=Ka, F=F--kin'. B=Boom).

Based on the provided photos and description, I am pretty certain, this incident qualifies as a"KFB"

Thanks for sharing this information and best wishes to you and Charlie and Astro for a Merry Christmas and sage and KFB free holiday!

@GJM, that’s scary. I’m glad that the gun took most of the damage.

It’s disturbing that small manufacturers are making unsafe ammo. Buyer beware? At very least this company owes you a refund and a new gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM, that’s scary. I’m glad that the gun took most of the damage.

It’s disturbing that small manufacturers are making unsafe ammo. Buyer beware? At very least this company owes you a refund and a new gun.
    Everytime I go on Ammoseek looking for ammo, and see everything is "Reman" or "New Reman," I think about the two, count 'em, TWO, KBs I've caused in 30+ years or reloading several hundred thousand rounds of ammo. I simply won't shoot someone else's reloads, or "new" ammo from a company that I've never heard of before they went on sale during an ammo drought.

Scary incident. It looks like the Romeo lens took the brunt of what otherwise would have had an unobstructed path to her face.

Glad she was not seriously injured.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    That's some bad stuff. Glad she's OK.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I shot a match this morning, and decided to hit the range this afternoon, as heavy rain is forecast tomorrow.

Lawman 124 is our primary factory 9mm ammo, with PMC 124 as our number two choice. Back during Covid, we bought a fair amount of ammo we normally wouldn't touch, and my wife recently suggested that we shoot that stuff up, to get rid of it. In the past week, we shot Norma 124 which was great, Southern Munitions 124 which was too lightly loaded for our taste, and today broke open a case of Zinc Point.

My wife was shooting one of her practice guns, which was a Gray Guns 4.7 Lockwood upper, Romeo 3XL and a custom tungsten grip module, with a Custom Works FCU. Her first target had some holes that looked like the bullets were tumbling, so I suggested she shoot a group on the head of a target. On the third shot, her gun blew up. Her hands were blackened, she had some small blood specs on her face, the Romeo lens was shattered, the tungsten grip module trashed, extractor blown out of the upper, and the case welded to the chambers, minus the rear of the case.

Here are some pictures.

Attachment 112846

Attachment 112851

Attachment 112847

Attachment 112848

Attachment 112849

Attachment 112850

A Google search shows many similar stories from Zinc Point, and I believe they are now out of business. The irony is we probably paid $600/1000 for this crap. We will need to bury 900 rounds of this stuff so no one else blows their pistols up with it.
    Glad she wasn't seriosuly injured

User Tag List