Thread: Deal alert: Used 11-87 Police for $450

Deal alert: Used 11-87 Police for $450

Used Remington 11-87 Police shotguns for $450. Says they may or may not have side saddles but doesn't mention if all have rifle sights or not. Capacity is listed as 7 or 8 shells so it seems they all have some kind of mag extension. Limited time only.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/298860

I couldn't resist and ordered 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

If you're in Ohio, at least one of the Vance's stores (Lebanon) has had several in the used rack for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Used Remington 11-87 Police shotguns for $450. Says they may or may not have side saddles but doesn't mention if all have rifle sights or not. Capacity is listed as 7 or 8 shells so it seems they all have some kind of mag extension. Limited time only.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/298860

I couldn't resist and ordered 2.
    I resisted and just bought one.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I resisted and just bought one.
    Glad I just bought one. I've bought numerous police trade-ins and surplus firearms over the years and for the price this was the most disappointed I've been upon opening the box.

Pretty sure I can salvage it based on what I had already planned to do, but I'm going to have to do a lot more bead blasting and dremeling than I anticipated.

It function tested okay, though.

Glad I just bought one. I've bought numerous police trade-ins and surplus firearms over the years and for the price this was the most disappointed I've been upon opening the box.

Pretty sure I can salvage it based on what I had already planned to do, but I'm going to have to do a lot more bead blasting and dremeling than I anticipated.

It function tested okay, though.
    Did it have rifle sights?
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Did it have rifle sights?
    No, it did not.

No, it did not.
    F**k...

Mine came in today. Neither had rifle sights. Both look to be worth at least as much as I paid so there's that, though I feel the pic with the listing was a bit of a misrepresentation. One of my buddies missed out so I might let him buy one off me for what I paid. Colorado has a 3-day waiting period now so I didn't get to bring them home but they did look like fully functional guns with the possible exception of basic wear items. I have already ordered all new springs, o-rings, and extractors for both. Might go ahead and order some small upgrades like charging handles and XS big dots too.

They've got another batch up for sale, this time for $500. The pics this time are about what the two I got were like, with one of mine being slightly worse.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/117288

Site Supporter
    Mine came in today. Neither had rifle sights. Both look to be worth at least as much as I paid so there's that, though I feel the pic with the listing was a bit of a misrepresentation. One of my buddies missed out so I might let him buy one off me for what I paid. Colorado has a 3-day waiting period now so I didn't get to bring them home but they did look like fully functional guns with the possible exception of basic wear items. I have already ordered all new springs, o-rings, and extractors for both. Might go ahead and order some small upgrades like charging handles and XS big dots too.

They've got another batch up for sale, this time for $500. The pics this time are about what the two I got were like, with one of mine being slightly worse.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/117288
    Honestly, for the price of two of these why not just buy an A300 Tactical ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Honestly, for the price of two of these why not just buy an A300 Tactical ?
    Two reasons. 1.) I was hoping these had the rifle sights pictured, but I knew they might not. 2.) If I buy 2 of these I can take one to my dad's house 1200 miles away and leave it and a few other guns with him and then just fly up for future visits without having to check anything. I also figured it wouldn't be hard to sell the guns and at least break even and get an A300 if I change my mind. Which is still a possibility. Right now I have the two 11-87s in jail, another 12 police that I bought in 2020 and already have gone over and upgraded, and a 20ga. I should be able to completely rid myself of 11-87s and just about be into a pair of A300s which would be the smart thing. I'll probably make that decision before I go all-in on these most recent two.

User Tag List