Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92Xi Squalo for My Fellow Pizza Eaters

Beretta 92Xi Squalo for My Fellow Pizza Eaters

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/produc...-squalo-FA0108

Features include front sight fiber optic, magazine well, aggressive grips.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I find the 92XI series interesting but haven’t brought myself to pull the trigger yet. I wonder if we’d ever see a LTT branded version with the M9A1 frame as opposed to the Vertec grip.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

This trigger that I felt on an Xi a couple of years ago was nowhere near as smooth as my 92 Defensive and had a loooong reset.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I find the 92XI series interesting but haven’t brought myself to pull the trigger yet. I wonder if we’d ever see a LTT branded version with the M9A1 frame as opposed to the Vertec grip.
    That would be a whole new frame from Beretta, due to the frame safety. Now that Lok is making G10 wraparound conversion grips for Vertec/A3/X frames in multiple varieties, I'm fine with Berettas standardization on the Vertec backstrap

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    This trigger that I felt on an Xi a couple of months ago was nowhere near as smooth as my 92 Defensive and had a loooong reset.
    Typing too fast for my brain…

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    That would be a whole new frame from Beretta, due to the frame safety. Now that Lok is making G10 wraparound conversion grips for Vertec/A3/X frames in multiple varieties, I'm fine with Berettas standardization on the Vertec backstrap
    Are their wrap-around grips Slimline or standard profile?

I’m somewhat intrigues here, but like my LTTs a good deal. Hard to say no to another Beretta though…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    Are their wrap-around grips Slimline or standard profile?

I’m somewhat intrigues here, but like my LTTs a good deal. Hard to say no to another Beretta though…
    They vary. The stock Beretta plastic ones are about VZ LTT grip thickness (thin) while the Hogue G10s are full stock 92FS thickness

I have an XI and really do enjoy it. It was funny how quickly the old single action skills cam back - (swipe off safety, etc) - after decades of shooting Glocks and then G and D-model Beretta's.

Did you put an optic on yours yet? If so, what did you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    They vary. The stock Beretta plastic ones are about VZ LTT grip thickness (thin) while the Hogue G10s are full stock 92FS thickness
    Yes, but you specifically mentioned LOK’s, which is what I was looking for info on.

Be careful when looking for vertec conversion grips panels. The 92X Performance and Defensive have a full thickness frame all the way to the rear. This isn't the best pic but all I have.
    Name:  20220713_163530.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  34.3 KB
    The entire surface where the panel mounts is flat. An M9A3 (and I assume standard 92xs) has the reduced thickness you can see here.
    Name:  20200210_135430.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  51.0 KB

User Tag List