Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress belt suggestions for tucked AIWB carry

Site Supporter

Dress belt suggestions for tucked AIWB carry

Hi, all.

I currently use a basic 1.5" 5-stitch Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt as my EDC belt along with a JMCK AIWB holster w/ DCC clips for my G19/G48/G43 depending on needs. I am planning to experiment with tucked-in AIWB carry for dressier occasions. I am ordering a new holster from JMCK for my S&W 442 featuring a single offset DCC clip that I'd like to use along with a dark brown and/or dark gray belt that would hide the DCC clip as best as possible, either over or under the belt.

I'd like the belt to feature a standard-looking buckle as well as a ratcheting/fine adjustment capability. Belt material can be leather or another sturdy material that looks somewhat dressy, preferrably a matte rather than shiny finish. Somewhere in the 1 1/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/2 inch width is ideal. The belt would likely be used to carry my G48 max, so not too much weight. I have seen the NexBelt belts which are along the lines of what I'm thinking. Are there others you'd recommend? Thanks for your time.

Chris

I think the PHLster enigma system is a better option for tucked in carry than a holster with a DCC clip. You could then any dress belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I think the PHLster enigma system is a better option for tucked in carry than a holster with a DCC clip. You could then any dress belt.
    Agreed. The Enigma is definitely the way to go here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I had not considered that. Thanks. I will look into it.

Site Supporter
    Tucking your shirt in behind a clip and attempting to hide the clip with your belt is stupid. This isn't an attack on you but advice from someone who did this many times before the Enigma was a thing. Just get an Enigma for your smaller to midsized gun, set it up and be done.

Site Supporter
    Although I carry IWB at 3:30 and not AIWB, I have tried at least a half dozen tuckable holsters. Based on the results, I am very skeptical about tuckable holsters providing any real concealment. As soon as the shirt is tucked in over the gun, a gun-shaped bulge becomes apparent.

The belt attachment can also be visible even if it is partially behind the belt.

In the unlikely event that the gun is concealed, clearing the shirt to draw the gun will not be quick.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I wear an Engima daily but also have a Masterminds Tactics Covert Belt, which is handy occasionally.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Lots of great feedback. Thank you. You all have enlightened me to the downsides of a tuckable holster. I will explore the Enigma option. Thanks again.

For me, in dress clothes in summer, tuckable works fine.

JMCK Wing Claw 2.0, w/ 1 strut with a fixed soft loop.

Black soft loop on black belt, with the shirt blouses out normally, really disappears.

I have a Bianchi belt that works just fine. 1.5" wide, normal silver buckle.

For adjustability, I always put extra holes in leather belts, between the factory holes. Easy to do with the proper leather hole punch, and looks just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    I am planning to experiment with tucked-in AIWB carry for dressier occasions. I am ordering a new holster from JMCK for my S&W 442 featuring a single offset DCC clip that I'd like to use along with a dark brown and/or dark gray belt that would hide the DCC clip as best as possible, either over or under the belt.

I'd like the belt to feature a standard-looking buckle as well as a ratcheting/fine adjustment capability. Belt material can be leather or another sturdy material that looks somewhat dressy, preferrably a matte rather than shiny finish. Somewhere in the 1 1/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/2 inch width is ideal. The belt would likely be used to carry my G48 max, so not too much weight. I have seen the NexBelt belts which are along the lines of what I'm thinking. Are there others you'd recommend? Thanks for your time.
    Chris,

First off, while I am an IWB guy and not an AIWB guy, I completely agree with the other posters on the Enigma system.

That being said, I recently got 3 of the Magpul "El Burro" belts (in black, chocolate, and coyote) and they are everything that you are describing, except for the infinite adjustability.

https://magpul.com/tejas-gun-belt-2-...obal_color=121

The chocolate color is darker in person that the photos on the website. They have a matte finish, not too stiff, and wear like iron. At $30 apiece, you could do black/charcoal/chocolate for less than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    For adjustability, I always put extra holes in leather belts, between the factory holes. Easy to do with the proper leather hole punch, and looks just fine.
    And that takes care of the adjustability thing.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List