Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t know Ben well enough to have an opinion. But it doesn’t matter. A healthy democratic organization embraces dissent, rather than doing crazy shit like polygraphs and punitive bans to try to stifle it. Transparency not an “information war” solves the problem of claims of corruption.

Is that rational enough for you?
    Artfully dodged.

Have a blessed day

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of USPSA Down Range email from last Friday, the 15th?
    Yes. Which part would you like to see?

ETA: It's too big to screenshot all at once.
    ETA #2: PM me your email and I can forward the whole thing to you.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 12-20-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Yes. Which part would you like to see?

ETA: It's too big to screenshot all at once.
    Did it have anything about Area 1 director resigning?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Did it have anything about Area 1 director resigning?
    Not that I see. Here are the sections:

USA Excels at the 2023 IPSC Shotgun World Shoot in Pattaya, Thailand
    2024 IPSC Rifle World Shoot - Apply to be Considered!
    Reaffiliation Reminder! (for clubs)
    Deadline to Apply for Range Master Program Application is December 31, 2023
    USPSA Membership, By The Numbers (Part 2)
    NROI Section with question/answers
    A USPSA Magazine Article link
    Industry News Section

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Not that I see. Here are the sections:

USA Excels at the 2023 IPSC Shotgun World Shoot in Pattaya, Thailand
    2024 IPSC Rifle World Shoot - Apply to be Considered!
    Reaffiliation Reminder! (for clubs)
    Deadline to Apply for Range Master Program Application is December 31, 2023
    USPSA Membership, By The Numbers (Part 2)
    NROI Section with question/answers
    A USPSA Magazine Article link
    Industry News Section

Thank you! That goes towards information delivery. The only reason I know that Bruce Gary has resigned is because Stoeger has a video on it. There is nothing about it in Dec 8 email either.

@GJM: do you know what I'm thinking about?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thank you! That goes towards information delivery. The only reason I know that Bruce Gary has resigned is because Stoeger has a video on it. There is nothing about it in Dec 8 email either.

@GJM: do you know what I'm thinking about?
    I have them going back to 11/17 and didn't see anything.

Here are a few suggestions:
    • Transparency. Suspend all executive session meetings. Make every record in the org public. What is the argument against doing that, unless the BoD is hiding something?
    • The entire BoD should resign and call a special election so the membership can choose people they trust.
    • Reinstate all banned members. I'm all for banning cheaters, but I don't have confidence that anyone wasn't banned for political purposes.
    I support this.

I let my USPSA membership lapse year before last because I wanted to shoot 1911s. Last year, I was going to rejoin when they raised the membership fee. Then I started paying attention to all the shenanigans, Joe Rutkowski's lawsuite, etc. etc. and decided to let it ride for a while.

I must admit, I don't understand the concept that the board (ok, well, most of the board, not counting perhaps A3 and A7 directors, who seem like sane, reasonable people) operates under. What is the purpose of not publishing board minutes for a non-profit? I mean, my local HOA is more open than these guys.

As to Stoeger and the so-called Howler Monkeys, I think they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Anyone paying attention has figured that out. Ben does what's best for Ben. What a surprise. Nothing seems to have changed much.

I'm not sure I understand calling this an "information war"; I'd say that was pretty naive, given what's going on. That concept would need "sides", and two competing philosophies, equipped with IT resources and funds to deploy. Comparing a national organization with a vast paid membership and $$$ at their disposal, to a former national champion with a YT channel, is laughable. At the end of the day, it's not about Stoeger; I think most in the USPSA community understand where he is coming from, and that's baked into their feel for the organization.

So Stoeger et al don't really matter. What matters is the current board and their running the organization into the ground. Given what's happened lately, I don't see any scenario in which I pay to join USPSA, barring mass change at the leadership level. It's a shame, really, but I'm not losing too much sleep over it. I keep looking for PCSL matches in Practiscore, there are some getting closer to me (Ocala FL area) every time I look. So it's not like they have a patent on Action Pistol matches. Hell I might even try...*hitches up suspenders*...IDPA...
    Last edited by RJ; 12-20-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I support this.

I let my USPSA membership lapse year before last because I wanted to shoot 1911s. Last year, I was going to rejoin when they raised the membership fee. Then I started paying attention to all the shenanigans, Joe Rutkowski's lawsuite, etc. etc. and decided to let it ride for a while.

I must admit, I don't understand the concept that the board (ok, well, most of the board, not counting perhaps A3 and A8 directors, who seem like sane, reasonable people) operates under. What is the purpose of not publishing board minutes for a non-profit? I mean, my local HOA is more open than these guys.

As to Stoeger and the so-called Howler Monkeys, I think they're gonna do what they're gonna do. Anyone paying attention has figured that out. Ben does what's best for Ben. What a surprise. Nothing seems to have changed much.

I'm not sure I understand calling this an "information war"; I'd say that was pretty naive, given what's going on. That concept would need "sides", and two competing philosophies, equipped with IT resources and funds to deploy. Comparing a national organization with a vast paid membership and $$$ at their disposal, to a former national champion with a YT channel, is laughable. At the end of the day, it's not about Stoeger; I think most in the USPSA community understand where he is coming from, and that's baked into their feel for the organization.

So Stoeger et al don't really matter. What matters is the current board and their running the organization into the ground. Given what's happened lately, I don't see any scenario in which I pay to join USPSA, barring mass change at the leadership level. It's a shame, really, but I'm not losing too much sleep over it. I keep looking for PCSL matches in Practiscore, there are some getting closer to me (Ocala FL area) every time I look. So it's not like they have a patent on Action Pistol matches. Hell I might even try...*hitches up suspenders*...IDPA...
    Maybe "information war" was a bit over the top, but anyone who sees this as anything other than a contest to control the narrative of "what's going on with USPSA" is so naive I'm surprised they don't still believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Artfully dodged.

Have a blessed day
    ???
    I’m not dodging anything.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Here are a few suggestions:
    • Transparency. Suspend all executive session meetings. Make every record in the org public. What is the argument against doing that, unless the BoD is hiding something?
    • The entire BoD should resign and call a special election so the membership can choose people they trust.
    • Reinstate all banned members. I'm all for banning cheaters, but I don't have confidence that anyone wasn't banned for political purposes.

Does this sound anti-USPSA? I don't hear Ben or anyone else calling for more radical solutions. What's the problem with members or anyone having an opinion, "breaking news", or whatever? USPSA isn't the USSR.
    I 100% agree on transparency. But how do we as members influence that? Currently, it seems they aren’t going to do it. Short of vote everyone out idk what to do. Even then, I live in A4 and recently got to vote. I could’ve voted in a non conformist, but he didn’t shoot matches. If you don’t shoot the sport or work matches I personally couldn’t give you my vote.

Also who would want to be an AD? I can’t imagine how stressed Scott and Rizzi are being the opposing voice.

It’s a sucky situation.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List