Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Uspsa really needs to stop letting Stoeger and the anti-uspsa people break news and dictate the stories.

If he is releasing confidential emails and isn’t supposed to, then it’s warranted. But innocent until proven guilty. If they don’t have hard evidence it’s a travesty.

Either way I’ve become more and more bothered by the boards actions over the past couple years.

But I don’t know what to do? Money talks, but uspsa is why I train pistols. If I didn’t shoot it I probably wouldn’t train much.

Kicking out two presidents and an area director speaks loudly to the culture of the BOD.

My thoughts have been to vote in new people to change it. But now they are just kicking out those who don’t go with the status quo it seems.
    Here are a few suggestions:
    • Transparency. Suspend all executive session meetings. Make every record in the org public. What is the argument against doing that, unless the BoD is hiding something?
    • The entire BoD should resign and call a special election so the membership can choose people they trust.
    • Reinstate all banned members. I'm all for banning cheaters, but I don't have confidence that anyone wasn't banned for political purposes.

Does this sound anti-USPSA? I don't hear Ben or anyone else calling for more radical solutions. What's the problem with members or anyone having an opinion, "breaking news", or whatever? USPSA isn't the USSR.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Uspsa really needs to stop letting Stoeger and the anti-uspsa people break news and dictate the stories.
    From a PR standpoint you're absolutely correct. They're completely losing the information war against Ben and his cronies. Which, in their defense they're completely outmatched by Ben in this area. Jake, USPSA's alleged head of marketing/PR is completely incompetent when it comes to the PR aspect of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    From a PR standpoint you're absolutely correct. They're completely losing the information war against Ben and his cronies. Which, in their defense they're completely outmatched by Ben in this area. Jake, USPSA's alleged head of marketing/PR is completely incompetent when it comes to the PR aspect of his job.
    As I wrote above, I don't understand this. What information war? USPSA is supposed to be a nonprofit supporting competitive shooting. What's to hide? Who cares if there's disagreement? Embrace the debate. Make it civil. Make it transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    As I wrote above, I don't understand this. What information war? USPSA is supposed to be a nonprofit supporting competitive shooting. What's to hide? Who cares if there's disagreement? Embrace the debate. Make it civil. Make it transparent.
    There's absolutely an information war in place. Only the most smooth-brained uncritical nuthugger would assume that Ben is acting in good faith and with good intentions. Which means that USPSA is competing with Ben on the messaging front, and they're losing because people just genuinely believe whatever things that Ben is saying are true. Assuming the BoD was competent and acting in the best interests of the org, they'd get out in front of stuff like this with tightly written PR statements like "at last night's meeting, the director of Area 3 was removed for cause. It was found that he was sharing confidential information blah blah blah which is a violation of bylaws blah blah blah" and have that statement hit before Ben releases his video which is full of wild speculation.

Sorry, I still don’t understand. What exactly are they losing? What confidential information has been released that justifies this pattern of bizarre behavior? What is Ben or anyone else trying to accomplish other than a change in policy and BoD membership?

There's absolutely an information war in place. Only the most smooth-brained uncritical nuthugger would assume that Ben is acting in good faith and with good intentions. Which means that USPSA is competing with Ben on the messaging front, and they're losing because people just genuinely believe whatever things that Ben is saying are true. Assuming the BoD was competent and acting in the best interests of the org, they'd get out in front of stuff like this with tightly written PR statements like "at last night's meeting, the director of Area 3 was removed for cause. It was found that he was sharing confidential information blah blah blah which is a violation of bylaws blah blah blah" and have that statement hit before Ben releases his video which is full of wild speculation.
    I'm not a Stoeger fan, but there are two sides (or more) to every story. Even if Stoeger is a vindictive douchebag, that doesn't necessarily make what he's saying untrue. If USPSA wants to be credible, they need to do what @Clusterfrack says and show members and the public that they're squared away. Instead, the BOD manages to make the organization look like a bunch of monkeys throwing shit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I hope that someone invested in actual change rather than potshotting helps organize orchestrated campaigns and fields a good candidate to overthrow current BOD members that have been problematic.

With the low vote counts, it wouldn't be hard to influence elections.

I'll bet you could reach out to people with memberships but who aren't particularly active locally and talk with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Sorry, I still don’t understand. What exactly are they losing? What confidential information has been released that justifies this pattern of bizarre behavior? What is Ben or anyone else trying to accomplish other than a change in policy and BoD membership?
    Do you genuinely believe that Ben is acting in the best interests of USPSA as an organization? Because if you do, any attempt at a rational conversation with you about this issue is a waste of my time.

Do you genuinely believe that Ben is acting in the best interests of USPSA as an organization? Because if you do, any attempt at a rational conversation with you about this issue is a waste of my time.
    I don’t know Ben well enough to have an opinion. But it doesn’t matter. A healthy democratic organization embraces dissent, rather than doing crazy shit like polygraphs and punitive bans to try to stifle it. Transparency not an “information war” solves the problem of claims of corruption.

Is that rational enough for you?

Does anyone have a copy of USPSA Down Range email from last Friday, the 15th?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List