Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That’s the term for a specific purpose where the state is opting out of the general definition of the term. It doesn’t make sense to apply that type of definition to a general term in a set of bylaws.
    So exactly how would you define resident, as used in the USPSA bylaw.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I was watching Stoeger's reaction video discussion posted last night, the one with Austin Leffler and Bill Godbold.

They were saying that there would be special elections this year for the recent kerfuffle in three areas, namely Area 1 (Gary resignation/reinstatement), Area 3 (Arnburg et al), and Area 4 (Rodero resignation)? Is that correct? In other words, these three areas would have interim directors but there would be a members (of the area, presumably) later this year as to the AD going forward?

Stoeger mentioned that with these three, and the two AD's terms that were expiring in 2024 (Oosthuisenm, Steele), there was a chance for a 5 vote swing away from the legacy board members this year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So exactly how would you define resident, as used in the USPSA bylaw.
    That the member lives in the area with the intent to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That the member lives in the area with the intent to remain.
    I still think it is fact intensive, and the actual "day" he no longer was a resident is complicated and subject to different interpretations based on a number of factors. Also, if the board threatened to pull a slot on a world team based on resigning, that is a bad fact.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    With all this going on, who are the problem children? Is there a way for membership to remove directors? Did the resignation of Rodero tilt the votes in a good way?
    In an earlier version of my spreadsheet, I had a column that contained a subjective index number as to "Good" or "Bad", in terms of what I thought about who was on which side. I called it the "HM Index". Good was a plus number, Bad was a minus number, the degrees of which were estimated by the value, which ranged from 10 to 100 to 1000. Maybe I should bring that back. It did help me figure out who was who, which was the principle reason I stated to build this name index.

Lately the term I seem bandied about is "Legacy Board Members" being equated to "Bad".

* HM = Howler Monkey

With Strader's letter, it feels like it has reached a tipping point and the old board's days are numbered.

Does anyone know:

Who the current (or interim?) Area 4 Director is, with the resignation of Mel Rodero a couple days ago?

Has USPSA BOD approved a plan to conduct a Special Area Director Election in 2024 to fill the roles of A1, A3 and A4 Directors?

With Strader's letter, it feels like it has reached a tipping point and the old board's days are numbered.
    It seems to me that it’s trendy to respond to social media posts on the subject with declarations of dropping membership.

People who are interested in fixing the situation are the very last people who should be allowing their membership to lapse as a “message”. They are the very people who should be preserving their voting rights, particularly given historical precedent in terms of vote margins.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    It seems to me that it’s trendy to respond to social media posts on the subject with declarations of dropping membership.

People who are interested in fixing the situation are the very last people who should be allowing their membership to lapse as a “message”. They are the very people who should be preserving their voting rights, particularly given historical precedent in terms of vote margins.
    While I agree with what you are saying what good does voting do if the BOD's can vote out who you voted in? The bylaws need to change. It should take a membership vote to remove someone and the life membership criteria to keep the good old boys as the only ones running should drop. They insulated themselves from the membership for a reason.

Site Supporter
    I still think it is fact intensive, and the actual "day" he no longer was a resident is complicated and subject to different interpretations based on a number of factors. Also, if the board threatened to pull a slot on a world team based on resigning, that is a bad fact.
    Sure, but I would resign as soon as I knew I was moving out of the area. That seems to be the purpose of the bylaw provision.

User Tag List