Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Do you not understand how blackmail works?
    I sure do, but you clearly don't understand two things, 1- it's irrelevant because Hopkins no longer met the criteria in the bylaws to be an AD, and 2- accusations without proof are meaningless.
    Did you expect him to state that he was being blackmailed instead of giving a lame, forced excuse?
    Not only does he need to state it, but also offer some proof, or is it your theory that proof isn't needed to support an accusation of wrong doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I sure do, but you clearly don't understand two things, 1- it's irrelevant because Hopkins no longer met the criteria in the bylaws to be an AD
    He withdrew candidacy from president at the same time, which you conveniently ignore. At the time, I fully intended to vote for him. I was denied that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    and 2- accusations without proof are meaningless. Not only does he need to state it, but also offer some proof, or is it your theory that proof isn't needed to support an accusation of wrong doing.
    You've setup a goalpost that's impossible to hit. According to the minutes, they were in executive session before Hopkins made his statement and resigned. So there's no record of what you're asking for.

I've met Matt several times, worked under him when he was a MD, and I think highly of him. Based on the character of the people involved, find it highly likely that Matt is telling the truth about what went down. Matt is a good dude.

You can believe what you want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Take away financial incentive for the Board. Memorialize the meeting into written form word for word that the membership can view at any time. 100 % public meeting without executive sessions. Get back to basics.
    What financial incentives do they currently have?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    There is speculation, but I haven't seen confirmation, that board members are reimbursed expenses for traveling to matches. I would like to see an itemization of any reimbursed expenses for each board member. An area director gets comp'd to shoot their area match I am fine with, if they are being reimbursed to shoot other matches, I have a problem with this -- especially given the deficit USPSA is running at.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Bylaws that list a $ amount for travel and expenses. If the limit is set I am sure it will be reached. I read somewhere the limit was up to $11,000 but I can only find $6000 a year with the Managing Director having the authority to approve more. ($15,000 for the President) A requirement that all BOD's attend the national matches should be dropped. The place is bleeding money and most USPSA members just want to shoot locally. Instead of raising member rates cut back on spending.

When organizations or Government do not treat money as if it were their own they are far willing to spend more and spend foolishly.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Bylaws that list a $ amount for travel and expenses. If the limit is set I am sure it will be reached. I read somewhere the limit was up to $11,000 but I can only find $6000 a year with the Managing Director having the authority to approve more. ($15,000 for the President) A requirement that all BOD's attend the national matches should be dropped. The place is bleeding money and most USPSA members just want to shoot locally. Instead of raising member rates cut back on spending.

When organizations or Government do not treat money as if it were their own they are far willing to spend more and spend foolishly.
    I don’t disagree with you. I work in Govt. and see that all the time.

Personally, I’m ok with them having some reimbursement. They spend a lot of their own time and I don’t think they should have to spend their own money to do the job (like travel and expenses for required matches). But I don’t think the members should be footing the bill for them to go to any matches outside of their area match and one national match.

From what I understand the nationals matches are bleeding money at a rate that can only be sustained for a few years. There are too many nationals. I’d like to see them limit the number of nationals and get rid of the magazine.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

get rid of the magazine.
    Does the magazine lose money? The 2022 financial statement shows that Front Sight advertising brought in $311,112, and "Printing, postage and mailing" cost $262,560. I would assume that most but not all of the printing, postage and mailing cost is for Front Sight. So the magazine appears to make money. I guess some money could be saved by going to all-electronic distribution, but would that affect the ad rates?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Does the magazine lose money? The 2022 financial statement shows that Front Sight advertising brought in $311,112, and "Printing, postage and mailing" cost $262,560. I would assume that most but not all of the printing, postage and mailing cost is for Front Sight. So the magazine appears to make money. I guess some money could be saved by going to all-electronic distribution, but would that affect the ad rates?
    Here is their form 990:

https://www.causeiq.com/organization...ion,911325053/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The Down Range newsletter arrived in my emailbox, with the following information:

"2024 Nationals Section and Performance Earned Slo t Codes, Pre-Registration, and Open Registration
    Nationals match fee will be $400 to account for ri sing costs and combined with cost cutting measures  to run a quality and fiscally disciplined champio nship series.
    Carry Optics Nationals June 26-30th"

I read the bolded text a few times, and still can't figure out what they're trying to say.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List