Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Four to five years ago I though Ben was kinda over the top with complaints about the board. I mean everything seemed fine to me as an average USPSA guy right? Over time it has basically played out to be as he described. You may like him or not, but his criticism has been proved accurate.

This small sport should be so easy to run. Have straightforward and consistent rules. Organize a nationals. How complicated can this be?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks, that’s helpful. 15 round Production, cool.
    While I agree that moving Prod to 15 is probably the right move, not sure I’ll shoot it much. Me old eyes have a hard time focusing on iron sights.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No.

There will be two empty slots. There will be a special election for both A1D and A3D. And in this case, the committee to select the candidates will be made up of A2D, A4D, and A8D - who will simply pick the person(s) they want.
    I don’t think that’s how it works. I think because of the time remaining in both A1’s and A3’s term before the normal election cycle the bylaws say the org has to do a special election to fill out the remainder of the term -meaning its a real election where they call for nominations by a certain deadline and those are the people that are elected by the area constituents. Similar to the special election where YML was first elected to fill out the remainder of Foley’s term. Somebody copied and pasted A1’s resignation email on Facebook and in his email he said the timing of his resignation was deliberate to force a special election and not a BOD appointed interim AD.

Based on the chart somebody posted above, it looks like A2 and A5’s terms are up in mid-2024, so in the next year we’ll prob have four new ADs on the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Ad Homineum. That’s a good way to dodge a good conversation which Clusterfrack is having.
    First off, it's "Ad Hominem" not whatever you wrote.

And Clusterfrack has never contributed anything to this board, other than objectively being the worst mod ever and someone Todd would have hated.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

And Clusterfrack has never contributed anything to this board, other than objectively being the worst mod ever and someone Todd would have hated.
    Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet, but I sure hope to heck you were kidding about that statement.

@Clusterfrack has my respect and loyalty for what he does thanklessly on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post

LOL! Tell me how you really feel.

On second thought please don’t. Let’s keep this thread on topic.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet, but I sure hope to heck you were kidding about that statement.

@Clusterfrack has my respect and loyalty for what he does thanklessly on this forum.
    Agreed. Way out of line, if serious.

Hold on for a second, as discussion of the uspsa drama led to the mention of one of the involved parties having stirred up hate & discontent towards TLG, founder of this board. And that leads to Jetfire, aka Caleb, being called overboard?

Uhm, ok, wait, no.

Am I reading a thread about USPSA or a tween girl Twitter feed?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    While I agree that moving Prod to 15 is probably the right move, not sure I’ll shoot it much. Me old eyes have a hard time focusing on iron sights.
    Yeah that makes sense. The Pin Shoot in Central MI next June is stock, .45, iron sights, so having an option to compete in Production with 15 with my P365 Macro Frankengun with Ameriglos is attractive. I'm 64 and headed to having cataract surgery next year. So I have no idea, really, how things are going to go for me. But with the all the USPSA drama, I dunno if I can even summon the interest to go shoot a match.

Sorry, that's all off topic. Back to the subject of this thread:

So the minutes snippet released on PSI shows that Scott apparently admitted to not following procedure / confidentiality and was found to be at fault, and as a result was removed from the board. I can't say this is wrong, on the face of it. Of course it's against the backdrop of all the other shenanigans ongoing with the board.

Speculating, but maybe Scott had had enough, and decided to exit, concluding that the continued effort of fighting for what he thought was right wasn't worth the cost compared to his family or professional life. I would like it if he were to post his thoughts publicly at some point to make a statement, he seems like a stand up guy.

User Tag List