Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

If you want to create change, you have to be a member.

Rizzi and Scott said as much. The board doesn’t care about your opinion if you’re not a member.

Hope is on the horizon.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    If you want to create change, you have to be a member.

Rizzi and Scott said as much. The board doesn’t care about your opinion if you’re not a member.

Hope is on the horizon.
    Exactly! Keep up your memberships and vote. The worst thing is not voting, imagine if all the Republicans in blue states voted and the popular vote was red.

USPSA isn’t done.

It is the standard for competitive practical pistol shooting in the US.
    The reason that Hit Factor matches are being held is because everyone wants USPSA without the A-holes. When they took out Scott, that was the final straw. When the corrupt people are gone, fees for matches and classifiers will be paid again.

I am up to 80/20 USPSA gets through this, ditches bad board members, and ends up stronger as a result.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    USPSA isn’t done.

It is the standard for competitive practical pistol shooting in the US.
    The reason that Hit Factor matches are being held is because everyone wants USPSA without the A-holes. When they took out Scott, that was the final straw. When the corrupt people are gone, fees for matches and classifiers will be paid again.
    We did a hit factor this weekend for these reasons.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am up to 80/20 USPSA gets through this, ditches bad board members, and ends up stronger as a result.
    I think it's going to require some changes in staff as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think it's going to require some changes in staff as well.
    I wonder what dirt Donna has on them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    A long time ago, my professional scientific organization voted in a new president, a close colleague of mine. The new pres asked to review the books, and the managing director told him that no one bothered with that. He responded that he still wanted to, and insisted. There was a bunch of excuse making and foot dragging, and finally it came to light that this woman had embezzled over $750k from the org. It turned out that numerous other staffers knew or should have known what was going on. It required a nearly full purge of staff, and a major rewrite of procedures to fix, and the org still nearly went under.

I'm pretty sure USPSA needs a full reset, with new staff. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Whatever she has, she has been around now long enough to become complicit with it. Her actions and behaviors clearly indicate that while she may have dirt on folks, she is also dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A long time ago, my professional scientific organization voted in a new president, a close colleague of mine. The new pres asked to review the books, and the managing director told him that no one bothered with that. He responded that he still wanted to, and insisted. There was a bunch of excuse making and foot dragging, and finally it came to light that this woman had embezzled over $750k from the org. It turned out that numerous other staffers knew or should have known what was going on. It required a nearly full purge of staff, and a major rewrite of procedures to fix, and the org still nearly went under.

I'm pretty sure USPSA needs a full reset, with new staff. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Ultimately, this is where we're going with USPSA. The question is - how bad the grift is - is it so bad it's not recoverable or is it not quite that bad?

I think folks do need to understand - the sponsorship pulling, the clubs disassociating, etc - That's driven by the recognition that current leadership is abject failure. New leadership that conducts forensic audits, opens everything up, purges the staff, and gets things back to where it should be - will bring those relationships back. Section Coordinators are helping bring this about, through their concentrated efforts and the "list of demands" to return sponsorship and association is not actually unreasonable. It will take some time to accomplish, but is not unreasonable.

Site Supporter
    Take away financial incentive for the Board. Memorialize the meeting into written form word for word that the membership can view at any time. 100 % public meeting without executive sessions. Get back to basics.

User Tag List