Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Re: Being on the board to get legal fees covered, I just looked, and it appears 4 people are named defendants but not currently (as of today) on the BOD (Murphy, Collins, Stanton, Cabana). So, I dunno.

I don't see it as two factions bickering over personality conflict at all.

To my knowledge every accusation Ben Stoeger made about them has proven to be correct. Ben gives his opinion about whats happening. Anyone has the right to do that, and plenty of folks care what he thinks. Plus, he still is advocating for trying to save the org.

More to the point, he isn't even a USPSA member. So not really a "personality" clash that you can blame on the guy. It won't impact him if the BOD run it in the ground or don't. His buisness will sell stuff to whatever practical shooting sport replaces it. And by the way, he seems determined not to chair or be a president in any other disipline.

I get people don't like the guy. Lately any update videos he has done have been about whats going on. Facts about the BOD actions. Not trolling. Rated PG, no. But if you can't call a spade a spade, I don't know what to tell you. At this point it's glaringly obvious.

The BOD have run themselves in the ground, and made themselves look like incompetent idiots at best. Thieving, coniving, duplicitous, sonsabitches at worst. And it aint Ben Stoeger even calling out most of them, its PSI. I've never bought from his store, bought 1 book on amazon, and was gifted a few others by a member here. Not a patreon member of his, never had a class with him, never met the guy. But the idea he is an asshole and bad guy for his take on this is egregious.

The schism is really between long time board members who have operated a financially unsound sport, with constant changes, and others who want a financially sound sport with consistent rules and enforcement that make the local matches better for shooters.

I don't see USPSA, in it's current form, making it through another 2 years. Maybe 1. I don't plan to rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Seems weird they didn't just vote in Kevin Collins as A3D. He lost to Scott Arnburg in a runoff.
    That's not correct. He came in third, behind Luke Faust.

Scott defeated Luke in the runoff, and it seemed that most of the vote that went to Kevin Collins in the first election all went to Scott, as Faust's total number of votes didn't increase much.

Faust was nominated by the section coordinators to replace Scott as interim director, but the board ignored their nomination.

Updates: Ongoing Livestream of Member's Meeting tonight.

Frank Rizzi has been reinstated as A7D. He appealed the decision to Yee Min Lee and presented the evidence. They concluded that the bylaws do not state the continuity thing prevented him from serving as an elected director.

The vote to reinstate: Leighton No, Russell Fortney No, Rick Steel Yes, Ben Berry Yes, Yen Min Lee Yes, Frank Rizzi Yes. Mel Rodero Abstain.

-

Mel Rodero has resigned from the board.

-

Vote by board to delay appointing Sherwyn Greenfield to the board passed. So Sherwyn will not be returning to the board at this time.

-

Some important updates. Yesterday a Level 1 match to be hosted at the Sig Sauer Academy was converted to a Hit Factor match with no USPSA classifier. They have dropped all USPSA matches down.

Trident Armory has hosted an annual USPSA match to support veterans for 6 years. It has raised 250k+ for veterans charities. They announced they are converting that match to a PCSL match, today.

Outdoor Dynamics, a long time sponsor of USPSA regional and national matches, who specializes in production of match ammunition has dropped their sponsorship of USPSA.

-

Another hit for USPSA:

Davinci Machining (PCC builder) - drops sponsorship of Nationals and pulls advertisements from USPSA magazine.

---

In letter to USPSA owner of Davinci stated the actions of the board at the January 2024 Board Meeting were the final straw.

--

That seems to be a common theme. I suspect the reinstatement of Frank Rizzi is too little, too late. I also suspect the loss of Mel Rodero and the flipping of the script against Leighton may well spell the end. The board as currently constituted is going to have Leighton and Russell Fortney against Rizzi and Berry - with YML and Rick Steele as the tie breakers/swing votes. If the vote to reinstate Frank is any indicator - folks are siding against Leighton.

This sounds like good progress on the BoD, and clear evidence of the negative financial effects of the BS they pulled.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Reflecting yesterday's updates from the 1/24/24 members meeting.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-25 06-46-49.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  100.9 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 01-25-2024 at 06:56 AM.

I split the Rutkowski lawsuit section into plaintiff and defendant, and for completeness added all the defendants in the suit (less "USPSA", which is the corporate entity also named in the suit).

Out of interest, today (1/25/24) at 1pm is the day/time set by Judge Farmer for Remediation. Trial date is listed as 8/24/24.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-25 06-47-12.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  83.6 KB

Site Supporter
    With all this going on, who are the problem children? Is there a way for membership to remove directors? Did the resignation of Rodero tilt the votes in a good way?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I split the Rutkowski lawsuit section into plaintiff and defendant, and for completeness added all the defendants in the suit (less "USPSA", which is the corporate entity also named in the suit).

Out of interest, today (1/25/24) at 1pm is the day/time set by Judge Farmer for Remediation. Trial date is listed as 8/24/24.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-25 06-47-12.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  83.6 KB
    Just some notes on this.

Kevin Collins was appointed as interim Area 3 director after Matt Hopkins (who was elected) was forced to resign from the position.

Sherwyn Greenfield was the longtime Area 3 director before vacating the position to serve as interim president after Mike Foley was removed from the board.

Ted Murphy was formerly the Area 8 director before he was appointed as interim president to replace Yee-Min Lin after Troy McManus yanked his RO cert, after which the board unseated him as President.

User Tag List