Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

Beyond stupid, there is lots of prior documented usage of the term by other entities now. They don't have the funds or legal resources to do anything but threaten clubs, can't go take them all to court. And clubs can solve it by a simple name change, it will never be grounds for shutting down somebody's match.

As for the scoring system, there is no copyright or trademark that can be applied to math.

Symbolic and silly, which seems to be a natural for this BoD.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    They have forgotten what they were elected for. They are too far removed from reality to have an understanding that the foundation is collapsing around them.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    They have forgotten what they were elected for. They are too far removed from reality to have an understanding that the foundation is collapsing around them.
    Rizzi (A7) and Berry (A6) have come out and stated there were 0 discussions, not a vote on this, and they found out via PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Rizzi (A7) and Berry (A6) have come out and stated there were 0 discussions, not a vote on this, and they found out via PSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very very sad!

Legacy board subscribes to the "beatings must continue" mindset.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Allegedly, the "Org Attorney" - Attorney Jim - told the WA Bar that USPSA was no longer HQ'ed in Washington. But this trademark application begs to differ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The BoD is doubling down on stupid. Filed for trademark on HIT FACTOR.

Attachment 114848
    LOL! This is so dumb, it’s funny and sad at the same time.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Beyond stupid, there is lots of prior documented usage of the term by other entities now. They don't have the funds or legal resources to do anything but threaten clubs, can't go take them all to court. And clubs can solve it by a simple name change, it will never be grounds for shutting down somebody's match.

As for the scoring system, there is no copyright or trademark that can be applied to math.

Symbolic and silly, which seems to be a natural for this BoD.
    I've been this silly, stupid, angry, vindictive, shortsighted and self sabotaging before.
    Just not all at the same time and in public.

Our club MD just polled his "help" or staff about our first match in March, when we usually start back up. He wanted to switch at least the first match to Hit Factor and we all supported doing that. During our meeting end of season last year we were just going to go along, pay up, and ignore this stuff. That tide has shifted. The larger club match in Birmingham just ran their February match as Hit Factor.

There is nothing the BoD is doing to clam this storm, just the opposite.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Excellent FB post by Ken Nelson. I think that among all the damaging things that BoD have done or will do alienating the Practiscore will be at the top of the list. I can't imagine much of participation at any level if Practiscore is not used. If Practiscore is still used but forced to choose "another name for points / time", this is the name that shooters will adopt.

Much to my surprise I found out that USPSA had applied for a trademark on "hit factor" recently.

I'm not an attorney, my layman view assumes that any rational .gov trademark office would deny this due to copious prior art including countless uses in literature, software (PS and others), articles, writing, various other sports, and all the way up to an actual company named "Hit Factor" with a web domain of the same.

If for some reason it's approved and the term's use in PractiScore is challenged we will choose another name for dividing points / time and life will go on.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List