Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnburg out as A3?!!!!!

On one hand, most people "quitting USPSA" were quitting anyway, and this is just a convenient reason. On the other hand, the board drama is over the top, and there needs to be fresh leadership to right the ship.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    When stuff starting to get real back in September, I started a "Name Index" to keep up with all the different roles and personalities in USPSA...
    This is the second half of the Name Index, with the tertiary players and their involvement that I could locate:

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-12-21 07-19-01.png
Views: 302
Size:  56.8 KB

I get the sense that they witch hunted Arnburg out like they did with YML.

Arnburg was a very reasonable guy, committed and put the work in.

There are discussions of Area 3 coordinator boycotts in protest.

Arnburg isn't a controversial figure in the least and this move has people seriously pissed.

Member boycotts won't accomplish much...

But get a few coordinators who are the lifeblood of the local clubs on board... and THEN it has some real teeth for change.

I don’t know about your workplace, but if I forwarded confidential company information to third parties, was identified as doing that by the IT department, and admitted to doing it when asked about it, I would expect consequences.

The fact that Scott acknowledged this, gives the narrative of some kind of unfair action rather awkward footing.

I last shot a match in 2013, and joined PF a few months later. I'm not missing the matches and the BS one bit

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I don’t know about your workplace, but if I forwarded confidential company information to third parties, was identified as doing that by the IT department, and admitted to doing it when asked about it, I would expect consequences.

The fact that Scott acknowledged this, gives the narrative of some kind of unfair action rather awkward footing.
    Except that other ADs have been doing exactly that for years, and there are email receipts of them including “The Feed Ramp” and other USPSA Board-friendly sources on otherwise internal email chains for PR purposes.

Yet, those guys still have their director positions. They even voted out Scott. A2 and A8, just off memory. Allegedly.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Cliffs: Stegger’s reaction to minutes, including assertion vote to oust A3 was not legit (lack of. 3/4 of board), torch and pitchfork activity in A3, lawsuit latest, a lack of volunteers for upcoming Nationals, and the MD and her mentioning ‘hostile work environment’. Conclusion: problems for USPSA are accelerating.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-21-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On one hand, most people "quitting USPSA" were quitting anyway, and this is just a convenient reason. On the other hand, the board drama is over the top, and there needs to be fresh leadership to right the ship.
    I am one of the match directors at my club and had to grit my teeth to renew my membership back in Oct. I have shot 3-5 majors for last 3 years. I just withdrew from 2 today that I had signed up for in last 2 weeks.

Our club is discussing running outlaw HF matches or something else. Also starting the idea of talking to other clubs in our section about walking away from USPSA.

I was not “quitting anyway” but this is the final line in the sand for me. I’ll shoot locals and run my club but I’m done supporting the lunacy & dumpster fire that is the current core of the BOD. I think they are going to run it into the ground until there is nothing left to salvage.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I am one of the match directors at my club and had to grit my teeth to renew my membership back in Oct. I have shot 3-5 majors for last 3 years. I just withdrew from 2 today that I had signed up for in last 2 weeks.

Our club is discussing running outlaw HF matches or something else. Also starting the idea of talking to other clubs in our section about walking away from USPSA.

I was not “quitting anyway” but this is the final line in the sand for me. I’ll shoot locals and run my club but I’m done supporting the lunacy & dumpster fire that is the current core of the BOD. I think they are going to run it into the ground until there is nothing left to salvage.
    I agree with this.

It's not just pissy members taking their ball and going home.

It's dedicated club leadership like yourself saying, "there are other action pistol rulesets and organizations for us to invest our human capital and dollars into."

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Cliffs: Stegger’s reaction to minutes, including assertion vote to oust A3 was not legit (lack of. 3/4 of board), torch and pitchfork activity in A3, lawsuit latest, a lack of volunteers for upcoming Nationals, and the MD and her mentioning ‘hostile work environment’. Conclusion: problems for USPSA are accelerating.
    My perennial issue with Stoeger is that he takes glee in others' misery and seems to care more about being "right" than making things better.

He's like the worst ex-girlfriend you have ever had.

If I said "the US Government is full of a bunch of incompetent assholes and they should all quit or be fired and replaced by competent people!!!!!"

I wouldn't be wrong, but it's not realistic nor productive to suggest alternate reality magic scenarios.

The difference with Arnburg was that he was spending hours and hours actively trying to make the organization better and got axed for this.

I'm more pissed at this than I am about random competitors getting banned for being dickheads.

User Tag List