Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat Macro Grip Modules Finally

Here are some Pics showing my Sig OEM Macro's grip frame length in comparison to my Glock Gen 5 G19, my CZ P10C, my P07 and my P01 Omega pistols. I prefer pistols that have a full three finger grip and to carry them in the AIWB position in Kydex holsters like Tenicore and JM Custom. With these belted holsters pulling the end of the grip into my abdomen some, I have no concern about them printing with what I normally wear. The Macro carries noticeably better for me because of it's thinner slide and grip frame and it's lighter weight, but for *me* it's FCU design is not nearly as easy to work on compared to my Glock or my CZ P10C pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    You are correct, I didn't look close enough and thought it had interchangeable backstraps like on the P320 AXG grip frame.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-gr...lect-size.html
    I wish it did.

I have been chopping macro grips to xl length then chopping my boresight razorback to fit. Love them

Will prob keep 1 or 2 long grips.still

It doesn't feel like going to far out on a limb to say a Macro lower/XL upper is the best shooting slimline pistol ever. Starting with the original iron sight 365 in 2018, Sig has done an incredible job evolving the 365 family to where it is now. I wonder what else they have planned for future models.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It doesn't feel like going to far out on a limb to say a Macro lower/XL upper is the best shooting slimline pistol ever. Starting with the original iron sight 365 in 2018, Sig has done an incredible job evolving the 365 family to where it is now. I wonder what else they have planned for future models.
    I even like a chopped macro lower with a p365 slide

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So I put it back in the shipping bag while I decide what to do with it.
    I picked up the Wilson Combat module again this morning. I can't really see shooting it any more. The problem where the trigger guard digs into my finger is a pain (literally). I could Dremel on the trigger guard, but that isn't going to fix the thick palmswells (vs. the flat sides of the Factory Macro grip) or slippery feel of the grip surfaces. And the backstrap doesn't really feel right, either. Which is a shame; I was really hoping for the same improvement in grip that I felt with the Wilson XL grip.

Site Supporter
    I agree with most that the way the WC macro frame comes is lacking in a few areas - however I like the increased width and will be changing the back strap profile and think the end result will be pretty ideal. My mockup with playdoh below lol.

Name:  IMG_2348.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  45.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2347.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  43.3 KB

Well...

As impressed as I was with the 365XL modules, while I have never owned a 320, I prefer the feel of the WC 320 module to that of the OEMs.

I enthusiastically ordered two of the WC Macros. Initially, I was excited that there was more with in the palm area, but I think I'm actually getting a better grip with the OEM module. I hope to be able to test them on some actual metrics, but I'm leaning toward OEM with the large backstrap and perhaps giving one of the aftermarket backstraps a try.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Well...

As impressed as I was with the 365XL modules, while I have never owned a 320, I prefer the feel of the WC 320 module to that of the OEMs.

I enthusiastically ordered two of the WC Macros. Initially, I was excited that there was more with in the palm area, but I think I'm actually getting a better grip with the OEM module. I hope to be able to test them on some actual metrics, but I'm leaning toward OEM with the large backstrap and perhaps giving one of the aftermarket backstraps a try.
    I really like a boresight razorback or fdez3. I prefer the razorback but feels like I am in the minority.

The fedz 3 is actually preferred by most people I have.recommended both to. Fdez 2 feels like the boresight

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I really like a boresight razorback or fdez3. I prefer the razorback but feels like I am in the minority.

The fedz 3 is actually preferred by most people I have.recommended both to. Fdez 2 feels like the boresight
    The Fdez3 works great in my hands.

I really wanted the Wilson to be a home run, but based on the observations so far I think I’ll stick with the OEM plus Fdez3. It pushes my strong hand back enough to get my support hand against the back strap, increasing controllability and decreasing group size.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect you are right, but isn't it pretty much a full size gun at the point of being a Macro? I mean yes it is slim, but longer than a G19. I am torn on getting one as it may be too much for true concealment with just a t shirt which I am able to do with my XL though I would like a little more shootability.

User Tag List