Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current State of Suspenders

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    There was a time when my first shooting mentor was a big man and became a very big man. Nearly 400 lbs.

He ultimately had a surgery and lost about 1/2 of that.

Constant companions during that process were various sets of Perry Suspenders.
    By any chance was he Roger L.?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Maj. Douglas Smith (USA), Ret. RIP.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Perry.

They're the unofficial suspender-of-choice for federal agents working protection details. The gold standard.

As for under the shirt, use an undershirt and you'll be fine. I haven't done it, but at one of my previous assignments where we were carrying a pistol, 2 spare mags, spare carbine mag, radio, etc concealed in street clothes, one of the guys on my team had one of those body shapes that lacks a rear end. He wore Perry's under his outer garment just as you're proposing. It's a thing, you're not crazy, go for it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Perry.

They're the unofficial suspender-of-choice for federal agents working protection details. The gold standard.

As for under the shirt, use an undershirt and you'll be fine. I haven't done it, but at one of my previous assignments where we were carrying a pistol, 2 spare mags, spare carbine mag, radio, etc concealed in street clothes, one of the guys on my team had one of those body shapes that lacks a rear end. He wore Perry's under his outer garment just as you're proposing. It's a thing, you're not crazy, go for it.
    Which model are they using, Perry makes a dozen or so styles that clip on belt. I've got a few of them and they are very different in function depending on what you get, even changes in webbing thickness/material make a huge difference in feel/function. I've mostly used the Ruff-N-Tuff standard 3-point style but thinking I may like the standard material thickness better as it seems quite excessively thick for what I'd be holding up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    Which model are they using, Perry makes a dozen or so styles that clip on belt. I've got a few of them and they are very different in function depending on what you get, even changes in webbing thickness/material make a huge difference in feel/function. I've mostly used the Ruff-N-Tuff standard 3-point style but thinking I may like the standard material thickness better as it seems quite excessively thick for what I'd be holding up with them.
    With the caveat that I'm not omniscient...

...the Original 1.5" seem to be the most common. I use the original 2". I've seen a few uBEEs, though they're pretty uncommon. I tried the uBEE and didn't like it.

They're usually worn with a suit...I don't think I've ever seen a Ruff-N-Tuff worn.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Perry - wear them over your shirt. I don't get why under them.
    Because wearing them over an untucked polo shirt will make me look even more stupid than I already do.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Because wearing them over an untucked polo shirt will make me look even more stupid than I already do.
    Or you have to wear two shirts with the suspenders between, which sucks dangus in the FL summer. Perry makes undergarment suspenders now which I plan to try very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    Or you have to wear two shirts with the suspenders between, which sucks dangus in the FL summer. Perry makes undergarment suspenders now which I plan to try very soon.
    Yeah, it's no cakewalk in a Texas summer either.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    At 76, looking stupid is not a problem. Just a FOG. Anyway, with my OWB, I have a cover garment. If pocket carry, Folks can see the suspenders. I'm more embarrassed that my wonderful head of curly air has disappeared for the chrome dome.

Since I don't IWB or AIWB, untucked isn't in my style repertoire. Seeing young guys doing that the other day, my food storage bodily configuration isn't compatible. Given hip/back problems, added pressure on the FOG bod, nah - I'll pass. Cinching a belt real tight - No, ouch!

But since the 2nd Circuit freed up some aspects of carry, my EDC is the G26 and an extra mag, OWB. My Galco and JM holsters work well. I use them for matches also as I'm more interested in carry practice than gaming. My strolling reduces any chance of moving up in the scoring.

Whining about age is getting old. I need to stop it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Yeah, it's no cakewalk in a Texas summer either.
    I just bought one of each in beige to test, free shipping right now also.

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/onli...ige-p203900088

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/onli...rs™-p435884539

UBEE Undergarment comes in black also, for all of you tactical Timmy's out there!

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/onli...ack-p265751067

User Tag List