Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current State of Suspenders

Current State of Suspenders

We had a suspenders thread quite a while ago. I'm now at the point where a snug belt to hold my 3 o'clock IWB in place causes irritation in my hip. I'm trying AIWB, but the suspenders option to compensate for my age-related butt loss might be a smart move.
    These will be worn under the shirt against the skin, or maybe a very light base layer. They would probably be an almost-a,ways worn item.

What has been working for all y'all? Any especially strong concepts, or any snake oil to avoid?

Site Supporter
    Perry - wear them over your shirt. I don't get why under them. So you look like a geezer! I have a pair in camo, that I wear to matches. Goes with the tactical pants and all the gear. Every once in awhile a geezer with those clip suspenders that rip your pants or come off, asks me where to get them.

They hook under your belt and are very secure. https://www.perrysuspenders.com/

They also come in various political statement colors if you like. Also, check out the associated holsters of various type.

One usage - we had a save the baby stage. Mass confusing among the gamers of how to hold the stuff doll baby while doing reloads etc. I found I could tuck the 'baby' under the suspenders.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    We had a suspenders thread quite a while ago. I'm now at the point where a snug belt to hold my 3 o'clock IWB in place causes irritation in my hip. I'm trying AIWB, but the suspenders option to compensate for my age-related butt loss might be a smart move.
    These will be worn under the shirt against the skin, or maybe a very light base layer. They would probably be an almost-a,ways worn item.

What has been working for all y'all? Any especially strong concepts, or any snake oil to avoid?

Been using suspenders since 2016 or so experiencing a lot of GI issues. Used them to support pocket carry of a glock 26 and two mags, moved to a 42 after encountering hip issues.

I use trucker suspenders as they only have two connections and I sit at a desk alot. I use clips so I am not as cool as folks wearing leather tabs with buttons.

I used Duluth suspenders and they are good but last year I upgraded to Welch Workwear.

https://welchworkwear.com/suspenders.html - thicker, more supportive, and more durable.

I wear them over a baselayer so your use may differ.

As @Glenn E. Meyer said. Perry. They work.

I also the Perry suspenders. I'm very partial to the Outback model for appendix carry.
    I can't imagine wearing any suspenders against my skin. I think you will need at least a t-shirt under the suspenders.
    Good luck

I tried the under garment suspenders for a day or two, i didn't care for the feeling that everyone knew I was wearing suspenders under my shirts. Also decided I didn't like the trucker/side attachment style.

The first one below is is what I had, it is well-made and might be just what you are looking for if you like the side clip style:

https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/pro...gripper-clasps

You might also take a look at the details of their no-slip metal clips.

https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/pro...eg-metal-clips

https://www.holdupsuspenders.com/pro...eg-metal-clips

For over the clothing suspenders I use Perry and wear them over tee-shirts under hoodies or wind jackets.

On the two suits I own I have the buttons sewn by the tailor for the button attachment type.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post

Perry suspenders. Specifically the version designed to be worn under a shirt.

Site Supporter
    There was a time when my first shooting mentor was a big man and became a very big man. Nearly 400 lbs.

He ultimately had a surgery and lost about 1/2 of that.

Constant companions during that process were various sets of Perry Suspenders.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Yup.....Perry Suspenders...Great...2" over a long sleeve T and/ or under a sweatshirt..takes the weight off your hips and on to your shoulders.....they're not for old geezzers...more for gun fighters....omo.

Perry.

I have multiple colors and use white at work to support gear. They work well with my Hank’s Belts “gunfighter” belt which is probably the max thickness for the suspender hooks.

I wear them religiously and sometimes wear them under the shirt for off duty carry. Very stable and I’m not always tugging at the belt to get it back where it belongs when gravity pulls at it.

They’re great.

User Tag List