Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Recoil Pad, Limbsaver, Kick-eez, Pachmayr?

Favorite Recoil Pad, Limbsaver, Kick-eez, Pachmayr?

Hey everybody! I've recently got into shotguns with the purchase of a Benelli M4 (the version with a collapsable stock, that was a pain to change ). Been having a lot of fun setting it up and learning all the ins and out of loading, switching slugs, all that fun stuff.

I'm also practicing the Haught's push-pull technique on the range. But it would be nice to have something to take the edge of off recoil when I'm zeroing slugs from a bench or shooting prone, or just when I don't push-pull well enough with a slug.

So my question is, what is everyone's favorite recoil pad for a shotgun? The premier brands seem to be Limbsaver, Kick-eez, and Pachmayr. What has the best Longevity? What has the best recoil reduction? Is there some other aspect I'm missing?

Thanks everyone for the help!

I have been a Pachmyr decelerator fan for a about 20 years, none of mine have crumbled and it does provide a lot of help over the standard pads on every shotgun ever sold to me...so one data point. I had my M1S90 Benelli's stocks cut down for 13" LOP, built up new screw anchor points out of marine epoxy, and installed, and then contoured/ground down the Pachmyr decelerators...they were great for that application.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I have only ever tried Limbsaver. I bought a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock for my 11-87 with the Limbsaver option and it helped a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I've happily used Pachmayr for years; the ones on the Magpul stocks have been solid too; and I'm really happy with the Kick-Eez that came on the Chisel Machining stock I've got.

So, yes.

I only have experience with the LimbSaver and I’m happy with them. I have them on a 1301 and a Benelli M1. I chose them because they have drop in sizes (1301) and grind to fit sizes which I used on the M1 after shortening the stock.

I have used a few Limbsavers, and they do work well, but after a while (10+ years) they have started degrading into a sticky goo. No experience with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    I have used a few Limbsavers, and they do work well, but after a while (10+ years) they have started degrading into a sticky goo. No experience with the others.
    Same experience, just recently replaced them with Kick-EEZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dmiculek View Post
    Same experience, just recently replaced them with Kick-EEZ.
    That is very interesting to me. This isn't the first time that I've heard of Limb Saver having a 10-year lifespan. I wonder if Kick-EEZ will be the same? Or will it last longer.

Wow, so much great information! You guys are the best!

Please don't hold back if anyone thinks of anything else, and a massive thank you to all who have posted so far.

Hmmm… now you guys have me worried about my LimbSavers. I wonder if occasional applications of a rubber conditioner like 303 would resolve the problem.

But back on topic… for you guys that have tried the various brands, which one actually absorbs recoil better?

User Tag List