Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Recoil Pad, Limbsaver, Kick-eez, Pachmayr?

I am not a fan of prone or shooting off a bench when zeroing slugs. I like to shoot kneeling, supported by something like across the seat of an ATV. That provides a steady shooting position while letting your body move with the recoil.

Attributes that make a specific recoil pad more comfortable shooting slugs from the bench or prone may be disadvantageous shooting slugs for real. You could strap on a PAST shoulder pad or two on just for zeroing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Attributes that make a specific recoil pad more comfortable shooting slugs from the bench or prone may be disadvantageous shooting slugs for real.
    Thanks for the information! By disadvantageous, do you mean moving with the recoil? Is that more of a challenge with the soft recoil pads? Or do you mean something else?

Appreciate it

LimbSavers on my long guns, Hogues on my handguns.

I don't run any aftermarket recoil pads, though I've shot a few different ones. Honestly none of them work as well as the Beretta kick-off stock I tried out.

I haven't properly been instructed on push-pull technique but I've tried to give it a shot. Likely doing it wrong. My understanding is that push-pull performed correctly does more than a recoil pad can.

I like the Pachmayr Sporting Clays Decelerator pad. It has a hard insert at the top to keep it from catching on clothing while mounting the gun. The pads are soft enough to blunt recoil and don’t seem to degrade over time.

User Tag List