Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W SD9 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    Will give a option for buyers that normally would look at a Turkish or Brazilian made pistol.. optic cut ? I bet it will be a option.. the one mag is a bummer .. S&W needs to step up and throw in two or three mags .. They will sell a bunch of’em .. especially to SD9VE owners, thst have extra mags and holsters laying around..
    The SD9VE have s reputation of being extremely reliable pistols …
    I have a soft spot for my SD9VE. 7000+ rounds fired and no malfunctions, in this house it was previously the home defense gun and now functions as a "grab & ready to go gun" if I dont have time to kit up with something for an errand. Apex Spring Kit and Trigger make it punch above its weight but it pushes $350-400 at that point. Still a fantastic budget option or if you prefer a true rolling break vs a wall~break.

Sucks the SD 2.0 doesnt have an optic cut.

The SD9VE that I have has been absolutely great with the exception of periodic failures to lock back on empty. It has never otherwise malfunctioned, and it's been shot a lot by smaller and/or inexperienced shooters. The ejection pattern is extremely consistent. I've tried to induce malfunctions by gripping the gun as poorly as possible, and it somehow manages to cycle in a way that seems very confidence inspiring.

With regard to the new trigger-if they could somehow manage to very slightly improve weight/smoothness characteristics while keeping the longer length/rolling break characteristics, I think this might become one of my favorite handguns. The grip shape is wonderful and seems to work much better for people who struggle with Glocks due to trigger reach issues. I even prefer its ergonomics to my M&Ps.

If they did it right I would probably buy a couple and have them milled.

I looked at an ad for Academy Sports today to see if the 2.0 is listed yet. I didn't see it, but the 1.0 SD9 is listed at $299. now. I've seen new models from other makers selling at MSRP when they first come out. I think this might too.
    There's a gun show here on Friday. If I go, I'll have to see if any of the dealers have any yet.

I have the SD9VE the slide is cut like the new SD9 2.0 but I found mine with an APEX trigger installed by the previous owner... came with two mags, I purchased the 3rd, runs smooth and if accuracy suffers, it would be me on an off day.

I looked at the Academy website again and the 2.0 is listed now at $299. It says you can order one and expect to pick it up Jan. 13th.

Video showing differences:

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Video showing differences:

~1:13 in the video shows a huge difference in the sear design. I wasn't expecting that based on the initially released pictures. Am I correct in my assessment that this has gone from a partially tensioned to a fully or nearly fully tensioned design? If so, that pretty much ruins everything I liked about the SD9 series. Another YouTube video shows that the trigger now has a light take up followed by a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    Am I correct in my assessment that this has gone from a partially tensioned to a fully or nearly fully tensioned design?
    Sure looks like an M&P now...

User Tag List