Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W SD9 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    The SD9 2.0 are also shipping with only 1 magazine according to the spec page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Thats pretty lame.
    True, but street price is probably going to be $275.
    More and more I find myself reminding myself that I am not the target demographic...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I played around with the original SD9VE for a while. It's a cool striker fired design with a trigger that feels closer to a double action because of the way the trigger bar works on a big pivoting sear with a partially cocked striker. There's a little bit of grittiness but a skilled gunsmith could probably make the trigger pull buttery smooth by polishing certain interfaces. The Apex or Mcarbo spring kits could lighten the trigger significantly.

The issues I had with mine were that I didn't like the slide catch lever. It needs to be shortened, in my opinion, so that it doesn't accidentally get held down. Also the magazines are kind of cheap feeling (but still expensive) and the follower sometimes didn't engage the slide catch lever well on mine, so it wouldn't lock back on the last round even with my thumbs far away from the lever. Too bad the SD9 2.0 is not compatible with M&P magazines and probably uses the original SD9 magazine.

Not many places offered optic milling for it. The sights were easy to swap because of M&P type dovetails.

Not sure how I feel about the flat trigger with the SD9 series. If I recall, the factory trigger was about 8 lbs. Not really what I would pair a flat trigger with usually.

The design can be adapted to the SD9 but the backplate dimensions aren't exactly the same, so it's not a good fit to just drop a Glock SCD in. Maybe someone could make an SD9 specific version.
    Nameless Arms will do the optic cut for $90 if you want to eliminate the rear sight. Adding a dovetail in front is another $20.

https://www.namelessarms.com/product...507c-optic-cut

I cut a slide stop short and replaced the mag spring w a Glock spring. Solved the slide locking back issue.

I’ve got 2 SD9VEs. Seriously underrated.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    The SD9 was the Sigma right or are they different in some respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Nameless Arms will do the optic cut for $90 if you want to eliminate the rear sight. Adding a dovetail in front is another $20.

https://www.namelessarms.com/product...507c-optic-cut

I cut a slide stop short and replaced the mag spring w a Glock spring. Solved the slide locking back issue.

I’ve got 2 SD9VEs. Seriously underrated.
    I do like the trigger on the SD series better than the M&P or Glock because I dislike distinct walls and like a more consistent weight throughout the entire trigger pull. I traded mine towards something else years ago because the frequent failures to lock back even when using full power ammunition and without thumb contact to the slide catch were unacceptable to me. Had I known about your magazine spring fix, I might have hung on to it. The magazines are not cheap at about $35-$40 each. For that price, it should not require a donated spring from another company's magazine to make it function as intended.

S&W is a company I just do not understand. There were a few simple changes that the SD9VE needed to make it truly great. I would have changed the slide catch, added grip texture above the magazine catch, changed it to use M&P magazines. Maybe even add a factory optic cut with a cheap cover plate for people who don't want to add a dot, but understandable if they optics cut for cost reasons. Instead, all they appear to have done is give it a flat trigger shoe and changed the appearance of the slide serrations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Same lineage.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Sigma was the sucky original. SD9 and SD40 are much better. Interested to see how the new ones work out.

Will give a option for buyers that normally would look at a Turkish or Brazilian made pistol.. optic cut ? I bet it will be a option.. the one mag is a bummer .. S&W needs to step up and throw in two or three mags .. They will sell a bunch of’em .. especially to SD9VE owners, thst have extra mags and holsters laying around..
    The SD9VE have s reputation of being extremely reliable pistols …

A rebate thing where they send 3 new mags to each new pistol purchaser would be a good bonus- such as what they did with the Shield a couple of months ago.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Nameless Arms will do the optic cut for $90 .
    Just a plug for Nate and Nameless, he has done 7-8 different milling projects for me, his work was excellent and turn around was very fast, prices hard to beat....he did not do an SD9 but just sayin the guy is good to go.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Just a plug for Nate and Nameless, he has done 7-8 different milling projects for me, his work was excellent and turn around was very fast, prices hard to beat....he did not do an SD9 but just sayin the guy is good to go.
    I’ve been seriously considering sending one of my SD9s and a 407c off to him.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List