Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SP101 3" Looks Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    The holy grail of SP101 grips! I am toying with buying a set of wood Altamonts and modifying them to be more like the Trausch boot grip.

I really like that revolver. I'd like it even more with a Novak-style rear sight.
    I have a pair that I sent off to Ruger for DAO, bead blasting and xs front site. I'm pretty happy with the work.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

The 3" SP101s with adjustable sights are attractive and practical to me, wish my example had adjustables. I shoot more 9mm than anything else, so 9mm revolvers are bit of a natural for me. I actually enjoy shooting the 3" SP101 and 3" LCRx, both in 9mm. If Ruger released a 3" SP101 in 9mm with adjustable sights, I'd likely acquire one of those too. Kind of like the .22 Kit Gun revolvers with adjustable sights, just a little more Umph..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    The 3" SP101s with adjustable sights are attractive and practical to me, wish my example had adjustables. I shoot more 9mm than anything else, so 9mm revolvers are bit of a natural for me. I actually enjoy shooting the 3" SP101 and 3" LCRx, both in 9mm. If Ruger released a 3" SP101 in 9mm with adjustable sights, I'd likely acquire one of those too. Kind of like the .22 Kit Gun revolvers with adjustable sights, just a little more Umph..
    Is that LCRx 9mm a conversion on a 357?

Ndbbm, No It's a recent production commissioned by TALO.

The aforementioned Gemini Customs 9x19 SP-101. This one has the Tame the Beast package made famous by Jack Weigand, a gold bead front sight, softened edges, and a hard chrome finish to reduce lube needed. The porting eliminates muzzle rise but does not push the muzzle below the sightline in the manner the .357 version does. The shorter 9x19 round makes reloads easier as well. The only negative is the lack of a rim, necessitating moon clips. Makes me wish 9mm Federal was still a thing.

The Black-T .357 version still sees more usage. The .357 has two more larger ports to deal with the .357 muzzle rise. The porting is so effective the revolver recoils downwards even with heavy 158-grain SWC loads. It ist also easy to shoot at distance. Easy enough to have won a few bets.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by farscott; 01-05-2024 at 08:36 AM.

User Tag List