Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which pistol class to take at Rogers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thank you!

First, the progression is 22 revolver,
    [patented PF thread drift] Out of curiosity, what kind of revolver? A 4"? A snub? [/patented PF thread drift]
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    [patented PF thread drift] Out of curiosity, what kind of revolver? A 4"? A snub? [/patented PF thread drift]
    At different times, I recall the LCR and some S&W Scandium, but I am not sure what they are using now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

At different times, I recall the LCR and some S&W Scandium, but I am not sure what they are using now.
    Thanks! Sounds like snubs which I find an interesting choice. I would have expected a 3"-4" for a beginner class.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks! Sounds like snubs which I find an interesting choice. I would have expected a 3"-4" for a beginner class.
    FWIW, I have a distinct memory of Bill discussing going into different gun shops and working the triggers on 617s to find “good ones”.
    That was over 10 years ago; he was quite complimentary of the .22 M&P autos, and used those too.
    At one point as he commuted back and forth from north Georgia to JAX, he wore a.22 Magnum revolver in a shoulder holster, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    FWIW, I have a distinct memory of Bill discussing going into different gun shops and working the triggers on 617s to find “good ones”.
    That was over 10 years ago; he was quite complimentary of the .22 M&P autos, and used those too.
    At one point as he commuted back and forth from north Georgia to JAX, he wore a.22 Magnum revolver in a shoulder holster, if memory serves.
    My recollection is a M&P Shield in a shoulder holster and a 351 revolver in his pocket.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I'm dragging this thread up just for the sake of completeness. I registered for the class that hand been scheduled for this week, but the class was unfortunately canceled because it failed to make the minimum enrollment. I need to look at the schedule and figure out whether or not try for a later class or just get a refund and take some local classes from good traveling trainers that are coming up.

User Tag List