Thread: Trijicon RM06 and RM07

Trijicon RM06 and RM07

Hi Guys,

I have both the RM06 and 07.

The 07 supposedly is 6.5MOA dot and 06 a 3.25 MOA, for me the two looks the same size. I have 20/20 vision

Is the 07 defective or maybe 06?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bunker buster View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have both the RM06 and 07.

The 07 supposedly is 6.5MOA dot and 06 a 3.25 MOA, for me the two looks the same size. I have 20/20 vision

Is the 07 defective or maybe 06?
    Are you adjusting the RM06 brighter to get the same size dot as the RM07? A brighter dot will appear bigger.

Are you using auto-adjust or manual adjust?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I own both, and there is a very clear size difference, to my eyes, at pretty much any brightness setting. You can bloom the 3.25 to appear somewhat larger, but that is mostly "starburst" to my slightly astigmatic eyes. The 6.5 MOA dot does appear more round, across brightness settings, again, to my eyes, with less starburst or comet/comma shape to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I own both, and there is a very clear size difference, to my eyes, at pretty much any brightness setting. You can bloom the 3.25 to appear somewhat larger, but that is mostly "starburst" to my slightly astigmatic eyes. The 6.5 MOA dot does appear more round, across brightness settings, again, to my eyes, with less starburst or comet/comma shape to it.
    I also own both, and this is how mine look. I have an astigmatism, so the RM07 appears much clearer to me overall, with a very crisp dot having well-defined edges unless I turn it way up. The RM06 has a much smaller dot that doesn't appear quite as crisp, but still works fine if used properly (target focus, yada, yada). I'll admit though that I'm considering selling or trading the RM06, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I want to try and run various drills with both on a timer and see if there's a quantifiable difference in my performance from one to the other. Good chance I'll move to all RM07 though, I just prefer how it looks and don't yet see any appreciable degradation in my accuracy with it. That crisp dot is definitely nice!

Thanks guys.

I spoke Trijicon CS and he said if you are looking both red dot at a close distance its hard to differentiate . But at 100 yards there's a difference Which is true . I tried it on our range and I do see the difference. For the RM06 dot to be a large as RM07 I have to turn it up and it "blooms"

Anyway thanks a lot guys for chiming in.

User Tag List