Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experience with Ankle Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    What kind of medical kits are all of you carrying on your ankles? I use a Dark Angel Medical ankle kit in business casual attire during the summer, and it is only about 10 ounces. This weight does not seem to be enough to balance out much on the other ankle.
    I run an ankle pouch from Lynx Defense: https://lynxdefense.com/medical/ankle-medical-kit/

I keep my fully loaded with TQ, gauze, gloves, chest seals, emergency blanket, and a seat belt cutter. It's a bit bulkier despite being lighter than my G26 on the other ankle, but still conceals pretty well with boot cut jeans.

Site Supporter
    Been doing some form of ankle carry for just over 15 years. The galco ankle lite or ankle glove seem to be the only ones that always work for me. The wilderness rigs are nice and have good retention, there just isn't enough padding for my ankles. I have also tried the alessi style ankle holsters. While they are well made, the extra padding makes the holster seem really heavy. I have found your ankle gun should be a pound or less (a little over is ok but much more noticeable). I have found the holster to be the most comfortable when the barrel is just behind the bone protrusion on the ankle (I think I read that from Clint Smith or Mas Ayoob, but it works well for me). I prefer a revolver (442, old style colt cobra or the new Kimber k6xs), but lately I have been toting around a LCP II and it is very comfortable.

User Tag List