Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canik METE MC9 - Anyone here tried one?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Thanks for posting. Have you made any upgrades to the MC9?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Thanks for posting. Have you made any upgrades to the MC9?
    Nothing other than the brass back strap. There really isn't much to do. A buddy who got his at the same time as me and used it to shoot BUG for the whole season did change the trigger. Not all of the components, just the trigger itself to cut down on all of the pre travel.IIRC it was a Freedom Smith. Be warned, these things aren't as simple to work on as a Glock. Just moving the mag release for a lefty was one of the most frustrating things I have had to do on a pistol, and I am a tool and die maker.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    For me, with 3XL hands, it's easier to grip and shoot well compared to my 365
    For this same reason, my new CZ P10 S has lately been getting more carry than my Shield Plus. It still conceals very well and the chubbier grip with aggressive stippling is awesome for larger mitts.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Nothing other than the brass back strap. There really isn't much to do. A buddy who got his at the same time as me and used it to shoot BUG for the whole season did change the trigger. Not all of the components, just the trigger itself to cut down on all of the pre travel.IIRC it was a Freedom Smith. Be warned, these things aren't as simple to work on as a Glock. Just moving the mag release for a lefty was one of the most frustrating things I have had to do on a pistol, and I am a tool and die maker.
    So you shot it stock against two other pistols with mods then?

I think mine needs some grip tape in the areas above the mag release.

I handled one today. Felt good but the trigger had more pre travel than I was expecting.

Kudos to Canik for innovating and releasing new models, but that probably means the new designs like this and the Rival steel are still evolving.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    So you shot it stock against two other pistols with mods then?

I think mine needs some grip tape in the areas above the mag release.
    The only mod on the Sig 365XL was the Wilson grip module, so sorta a wash against the brass backstrap. Yes, the full size gun is modified but just the trigger really, the barrel was because the factory one was absolutely atrocious.

*Update*

For those interested:

Put 100 rounds through it today, 75rds 115 Blaser Brass and 25 rds Hornady 124+P XTP. Total round count is now at 135.

It seems to be settling down a bit since the very first rounds when new led to two nose dives when feeding from the magazine. No problems since then. This is also my first RDS equipped pistol so most shooting was mixed slow fire and moderate pace, to practice press-out and finding the dot. The pistol could certainly benefit from some grip texture improvement...the same as all my other polymer framed guns. So next up will be applying Talon Grips this week.

So far so good.

User Tag List