Name:  617 with C-More and RevUp.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  43.8 KB

My 617 is always a work in progress. Recently I added the RevUp Action Hammer Kit to it. I like it but the jury is still out. The trigger pull is much lighter as you come over the hump almost like feeling you are shooting single action. That's a good thing.

I found an old 90º mount in the garage and mounted one of my C-More red dot sighs to it. It brings the dot closer to the center line of the revolver. The idea is to pick up speed when shooting steel. You adjust it by switching elevation and windage screws.

It took me a box of ammo to finally get it sighted in to where I wanted it. I start at 7 yards and want to get a group 1 1/2 inches below my aiming spot. Since this system has never been on the gun before I had to walk them in after shooting 3 shot groups. After getting everything centered at 7 I went to 15 yards to verify my settings.

I ended up being 4 inches left and 3 inches high so I walked the sight into center of bullseye. I like a final 15 yard setup because it gets me dead on for most of the steel at Steel Challenge matches and brings me close enough to center on those 18 X 24 inch plates at 35 yards.

This gun has had thousands of rounds through it. I've posted other stories about it. It's still shooting tiny groups and the trigger is smooth and reliable. I don't worry about it being light. Too light gives unfired rounds and can wipe out a good string.