Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Kydex Holsters for Revolvers

Site Supporter

Concealed Carry Kydex Holsters for Revolvers

My previous experience with concealed carry was all with Bruce Nelson or Milt Sparks holsters (yea, I'm that old). And it was mostly 1911 variants. Now because of getting old and having arthritis in my hands, wrists, and shoulders I am limited to revolvers because I can no longer perform the manual of arms for the semi-autos I would prefer to carry. I need to find an on the belt or IWB, probably made of Kydex, for my S&W 315 Nightgard...identical in size to the 2-1/2" M-19.

Any recommendations for this size holster would be greatly be appreciated as I know almost nothing about the current crop of holster makers using Kydex.

Dave

I would look at JM Custom Kydex for your holster. I have several and they work great. I use the AIWB holster for my 4 inch GP100 and my 4 inch Security Six. I have several of Tony's IWB holsters as well. They are well made.

Dark Star Gear makes great holsters as well, but they don't do K Frames.

Name:  IMG_1911.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  95.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I bought a Dale Frick OWB holster for my J frames. I like it. I do have several JMs OWBs for my Glocks and that's a good company also. I can't wear IWBs anymore. So these work for me, to use that cliche.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I would look at JM Custom Kydex for your holster. I have several and they work great. I use the AIWB holster for my 4 inch GP100 and my 4 inch Security Six. I have several of Tony's IWB holsters as well. They are well made.

Dark Star Gear makes great holsters as well, but they don't do K Frames.

Name:  IMG_1911.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  95.2 KB
    @Dark Star Gear has an Apollo AIWB in the works for the 3" K-Frames, and I can tell you as a pre-production Tester of same, it works GREAT for the 2 & 1/2" Model 19's and Model 66's I favor--I'm convinced the extra length of the Holster at the Muzzle end of the Gun aids in concealment--And it is of the SUPERIOR Quality & Design we've come to expect from DSG--So WHEN will we be able to buy 'em, Ken?

Site Supporter
    The JM Custom Kydex IWB #3 is my favorite IWB holster. The ride height of this holster is relatively low while still permitting a full firing grip.

I suggest pull the dot loops with wide spacing and a full sweat guard.

The grip angle options are one of the best things about this holster. I have not carried a revolver as a primary gun in about 20 years. With semiautos, I find that 10 degrees works well for Glocks, and 15 degrees works well for guns with a more vertical grip angle like a Sig P365. Since you mention shoulder issues, I would suggest erring towards a more vertical cant such as 10 degrees, although I would normally recommend 15 for a revolver.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I had much the same question about Kydex for a GP100. It looked like the options from JM were mainly for appendix, but I can’t carry appendix. What would be a recommendation for a JM Custom Kydex for carrying a 4” GP100 at about 3:30-4-o’-clock position? I have a Galco Summer Special but it’s not working out well.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I had much the same question about Kydex for a GP100. It looked like the options from JM were mainly for appendix, but I can’t carry appendix. What would be a recommendation for a JM Custom Kydex for carrying a 4” GP100 at about 3:30-4-o’-clock position? I have a Galco Summer Special but it’s not working out well.
    Do you want IWB or OWB? I would send an email to Tony at sales@jmcustomkydex.com and ask him which style would work the best. He has always gotten back to me pretty quickly and has been awesome to work with. I sent him an email to have him "make me the same holster you made for Caleb" and he did.

Site Supporter
    the JM Custom Kydex IWB #3 is for carry at 3:30-4:00 and is available for a 4" GP100 as a custom product. I do not carry a revolver that big, but 3:30 is my preferred carry position.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    JM still. The base of any good AIWB holster is a good IWB holster. Remove the wing and you've got an IWB. I don't see a GP100 on his site though, but it's worth asking.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

I have a JMCK AIWB for my GP100. Great holster.

User Tag List