Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania residents please contact your state representatives

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    What kind of word salad, feel good, Democrat type of nonsense is this?

At least six other states have passed similar legislation, said the bill’s primary sponsor, Rep. Morgan Cephas, D-Philadelphia.

“I want to go on record in saying: In this body, for far too long, we constantly focus on singularly going after bad actors once the crimes are committed,” she said. “This bill is an opportunity to get in front of this issue like so many other states.”
    Yes, yes, this will fix everything 🤣
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Other issues with this bill:

No exceptions are made for guns made before serialization was required.

The effect on pistols with frames held within replaceable grip modules may be in question. Some of the language which appears intended to address AR-15 rifles with separate upper and lower receivers is potentially unclear.

Although current owners who are not FFL holders would not be affected, any future transfers would be prohibited. For example, your heirs inheriting a gun without a serial number - whether a homemade firearm or a gun that is old enough so that a serial number was not required - would turn them into felons.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 03-28-2024 at 03:56 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Other issues with this bill:

No exceptions are made for guns made before serialization was required.

The effect on pistols with frames held within replaceable grip modules may be in question. Some of the language which appears intended to address AR-15 rifles with separate upper and lower receivers is potentially unclear.

Although current owners who are not FFL holders would not be affected, any future transfers would be prohibited. For example, your heirs inheriting a gun without a serial number - whether a homemade firearm or a gun that is old enough so that a serial number was not required - would turn them into felons.
    This bit about no exemption for guns made before serialization passed in NJ.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by High Cross View Post
    This bit about no exemption for guns made before serialization passed in NJ.
    Fortunately the NJ attorney general issued an opinion that the law does not apply to guns made before serialization was required. However NJ could be one change in opinion away from a different outcome.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

The unfinished frame ban passed the House 104-97, with 3 Republicans joining Democrats to pass it. Hopefully predictions of this bill not getting far in the Senate are correct, but please contact any senators who might make the mistake of supporting it. If this bill is not stopped in the Senate, it will become law.

https://wtae.com/article/pennsylvani...-guns/60322475
    Republicans are already trying to get in front of this saying the 3 Republican (from heavy Dem areas) votes wouldnt have made a difference because one rep is away on deployment or something and the other one recently quit. Had all Republicans voted against it would still have been 103 - 102. So their logic is vote in favor to show their Dem constituents otherwise theyll be voted out in favor of a Dem Representative. Besides theyre pretty sure itll be stopped in the Senate, as it has been before

Fortunately the NJ attorney general issued an opinion that the law does not apply to guns made before serialization was required. However NJ could be one change in opinion away from a different outcome.
    Yeah he issued that after Nappen law firm quoted me at 50 to 100k for a defense if I was caught with the 1964 vintage stevens 311 from Sears roebuck I had. I had to go to PA and transfer it through an FFL. Caused me quite a bit of stress.

User Tag List