Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: .45 acp in 2023/24

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Got a G30 Gen 5 ordered. Will be posting how it does.
    Me too! Was really looking at the 21 MOS but I’m in a 10rd state and the MOS feature isn’t probably something I’d use for awhile.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'm about to start in on a box of 1k pieces of brass I just primed.

Come to think of it I need to order bullets too.

Thanks @CSW
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    It would be interesting for someone to run those same magazines from a Gen 5 21 that had the 12th round malfunction in the Gen 5 30 to see if the same malfunction happened in the 30.

I remember when S&W came out with the M&P45, they initially had issues with the mag springs. Seems like the top of the spring was angled forward instead of being inline with the rest of the spring. Don't remember any malfunctions at all with my 1.0 or 2.0 M&P45s, but S&W did send me a couple of new springs for the mags that came in my 1.0.
    For at least the first 1k rounds, I'm going to use the factory 10rd G30 mags.

I shot a Gen 4 G21 of mine today as well for a few hundred rounds, same batch of mags (minus the two that had the jam) and no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Me too! Was really looking at the 21 MOS but I’m in a 10rd state and the MOS feature isn’t probably something I’d use for awhile.
    If I lived in a 10rd state, the G30 would be right up there with the HK45C as far as my top choice for a carry and all-around-use pistol. I would most definitely use .45 as my main pistol cartridge in a 10rd state over 9mm. I think it makes more sense to go with that over a G21 in your case. I'd also get a G21 and having the grip chopped to take G30 10rd mags.

Please update with how your G30 Gen 5 runs as you shoot it. I'll put my experiences up here as well.

Looks like my G30 Gen 5 is slated to arrive on Monday. Pretty quick from Smokey Mountain Guns in TN.

If I lived in a 10rd state, the G30 would be right up there with the HK45C as far as my top choice for a carry and all-around-use pistol. I would most definitely use .45 as my main pistol cartridge in a 10rd state over 9mm.
    I’m pretty well stocked on Gen 4 guns and mags so the G30 is definitely a “recreational” buy at this moment.

My LGS honors BL pricing for Veterans so a G21.5 may still be in the cards.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I'm about to start in on a box of 1k pieces of brass I just primed.

Come to think of it I need to order bullets too.

Thanks @CSW
    I've got bullets 4 u too.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Out of curiosity, I called Glock to ascertain when my 21SF was made. 2010. How time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Out of curiosity, I called Glock to ascertain when my 21SF was made. 2010. How time flies.
    I still feel like if the only Gen 3 Glocks existed and all the Gen 5s disappeared, I wouldn't really feel like I'd be missing out on anything. Some still prefer Gen 3's to this day and see it as the best generation. I wouldn't go that far, but I do like the Gen 3 21SF and consider getting one again. Spare parts are everywhere. Unlike (seemingly) most, I actually kinda like the finger grooves of Gen 3 and Gen 4's, particularly on the G21 which seems to give more to dig my grip into. With Gen 5s, Talon grips provide a similar effect.

I still feel like if the only Gen 3 Glocks existed and all the Gen 5s disappeared, I wouldn't really feel like I'd be missing out on anything. Some still prefer Gen 3's to this day and see it as the best generation. I wouldn't go that far, but I do like the Gen 3 21SF and consider getting one again. Spare parts are everywhere. Unlike (seemingly) most, I actually kinda like the finger grooves of Gen 3 and Gen 4's, particularly on the G21 which seems to give more to dig my grip into. With Gen 5s, Talon grips provide a similar effect.
    If they only went up to Gen 3, I wouldn’t have a G19. I had a 19 in Gen 2 and 3 and sold them both. I like and still have my Gen 4. Other models in the 3 are fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If they only went up to Gen 3, I wouldn’t have a G19. I had a 19 in Gen 2 and 3 and sold them both. I like and still have my Gen 4. Other models in the 3 are fine, though.
    What was it about the G19 Gen 3?

User Tag List