Thread: Video About Differences in Gun Culture - Switzerland vs. United States

Video About Differences in Gun Culture - Switzerland vs. United States

I've watched a couple videos by this guy - one about trains and train stations in Europe and another one about bunkers in Switzerland. He kind of gives me the impression of a woke person, but the videos were okay.

In this one he dives into the difference between Swiss and American gun culture.

Spoiler: he thinks America went wrong when they went away from the militia idea which Switzerland never has.

Be interesting if there is discussion.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I've watched a couple videos by this guy - one about trains and train stations in Europe and another one about bunkers in Switzerland. He kind of gives me the impression of a woke person, but the videos were okay.

In this one he dives into the difference between Swiss and American gun culture.

Spoiler: he thinks America went wrong when they went away from the militia idea which Switzerland never has.

Be interesting if there is discussion.

Thanks for the link, will check it out in the AM

Site Supporter
    I just watched the video.

The portions about Swiss culture, competition, camaraderie, and duty surrounding guns and mutual defense was interesting, and I agree with him that it is something we should maintain here.

However, the then goes on to blame guns and the supposed lack of rules for all the gun deaths we have. That is ignorant

Even in a state without a safe storage requirement, does he seriously think there will be no legal repercussions if a 3 year old gets hold of a gun and hurts themselves or someone else?

Does he seriously think more rules will prevent this?

In my state, I am not allowed to give access to a handgun to my 16 year old daughter if she is home alone, even if I determine that she is more trustworthy than many adults with a gun. Does that really make anyone any safer? When she gets her driver's license, she could be alone while controlling a 4,000 pound missile traveling 65 m.p.h., but still cannot have unrestricted access to a handgun in my home. Despite this statute, I still know people who have kept loaded guns in their nightstand drawers with kids in the home.

He argues that but for the NRA becoming "political" we would have "reasonable" rules which would prevent all the deaths.

Unfortunately he has a point about the ability of dumbasses to have guns. Perhaps if the party pushing for gun control cared more about our kids experiencing actual learning in school, we would have fewer dumbasses.

While we can and should emulate Switzerland with their universal training and camaraderie surrounding guns and shooting events, the push for "reasonable rules' in this video is so misguided that it virtually ruins the value of the video.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry40sw View Post
    I recommend just watching this one instead. He shows enough of the original video so you don’t have to subject yourself directly to the propaganda.

User Tag List