Thread: The only anti-gun (ish) video I have ever found interesting

Site Supporter

The only anti-gun (ish) video I have ever found interesting

Actually learned something regarding Switzerlands history and found interesting the impact it had on the founding of our nation. He, admittedly, wrapped it up with the expected, although thinly veiled, liberal drivel. But pretty much only crapped on the NRA. And couldn’t directly come out and decry freedom. Still, I found a lot of it worthy of discussion and continued thought. Figured I’d share with this community as I see us as a more diverse panel with more circumspection and less rhetoric.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBDK-QNZkM

Not as horrible as it could have been. He just couldn't get past the pre-conditioned anti-gun bias he went in with.

I wonder if it ever occurred to him to go to a shooting match in the US and see how similar the attitudes are to what he so admired in Switzerland.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    Not as horrible as it could have been. He just couldn't get past the pre-conditioned anti-gun bias he went in with.

I wonder if it ever occurred to him to go to a shooting match in the US and see how similar the attitudes are to what he so admired in Switzerland.
    Agreed. I feel like he now has more first hand knowledge and experience of the Swiss gun culture than that of the US.

He's comparing a homogeneous monoculture to the most not one in Human history.
    And the persistent threat throughout most of the history of the US hasn't been large formations of hostile European armies, but a low level, very granular and dispersed one that teetered between robbery/murder and guerilla warfare.
    Chalk and cheese have more in common.
    Plus what compels one to demonstrate one's Pajama Boy-sits-to-pee-gamma "male" lack of, well, everything to the world at large?

User Tag List