Thread: John Jardine

John Jardine

Came across a post on social media suggesting that John Jardine might have left us.

If accurate, it's disheartening – an icon in the 1911 industry. I know some members here possess pieces of his craftsmanship and express admiration for its enchanting quality.

It's always difficult to witness the loss of such a profound repository of knowledge.

RIP

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    A friend and I were just discussing John this weekend. Sad to hear.

Memory Eternal!

I heard from a friend, who knew Mr. Jardine, that he did pass earlier this week. I consider myself fortunate in that I have a Springfield Armory that was completely worked over by Mr. Jardine many years ago.
    Unfortunately I did not get to meet him, but I did see him shoot once and I was impressed by how little the .45 cal 1911 he was shooting moved on his large hands.
    May he rest in peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I consider myself fortunate in that I have a Springfield Armory that was completely worked over by Mr. Jardine many years ago.
    I think this thread could use some pics of his fine work

John did pass away. Memorial is supposed to be on 1/21. He was a good guy and a standout in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I think this thread could use some pics of his fine work
    It's got some miles on it, but it runs beautifully. I wish I knew what he did to these 1911s that he worked on; because I have not felt a smoother or softer recoiling .45 ACP 1911. May he rest in peace!

Name:  20231223_115122.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  56.0 KBName:  20231223_115209.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  56.2 KB
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 12-23-2023 at 04:02 PM.

User Tag List