Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gifts for SO

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Christmas gifts for SO

I know that most of us just said "Don't buy me anything and let me load up on Black Friday gun parts and tools."

So what are we getting for our SO's? After years of talking about it, I got her a nugget ice maker. This woman goes through ice like nobody I've ever seen. This ice is, somehow, better than the larger pieces our fridge makes. https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Profile-...eel/5013575773

And also the Lainey Wilson Country Something Special Edition mug. https://www.stanley1913.com/pages/lainey-wilson I had to pay about 2x on Ebay, but whatever. I've spent more and had less to show for it.

Mine asked for a cordless nail tool kit that kind of looks like a dremel. If she's not careful, I might have to borrow it to polish a feedramp or clean up a sear 🤣
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    After 30 years together we've decided that "experiences" make good gifts at this point, rather than new kitchen gadgets or clothes.... We've traded a few concerts recently, spa and massage time, and planned a few trips just for the two of us... I don't know about the rest of you but, my SO really appreciates a trip that she didn't have to lift a finger to plan. Doesn't even need to be any place fancy.. Last trip was to the Texas wine country (where we found a handful of (surprisingly) very good wines). And she's asked the kids for some book series that they don't have the coin for, so, I assume that was meant for them to pass along to dad.. check!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

This has always been easy for with my wife. We met in college in 1983, and she adopted ALL of my hobbies: sailing, flyfishing, R/C planes, and firearms. We always bought the endless equipment needed for those activities, and wrapped those as Christmas gifts. I bought her a CZ75 for Christmas last week, but she declared it was close enough to shoot it now. LOL!

I did buy my wife gold earrings for the Christmas of 1983. I bought her a case of 9mm ammo for her last birthday, along with a cheap emerald ring. Go to Amazon, and type in “gifts for women”. Seinfeld gave Elaine a box with $182 in one episode. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post

So what are we getting for our SO's?
    Whatever is on her Amazon wish list.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My wife always buys something for her office gift exchange that she really wants to win herself.

This year she brought this and lost it. So I ordered one for her:

RENPHO Eyeris 1 - Eye Massager for Migraines with Remote, Heat, Compression, Bluetooth, Heated Eye Massage Mask, Eye Care Device for Reduce Eye Strain, Dark Circles, Dry Eyes, Birthday Xmas Gifts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088BJ8B1G...roduct_details

Otherwise, its $182 in a box and a terrible card.

After 22 years, we've also taken to experiences vs gifts. Weekend getaways with great food and hiking.

For instance, we've got a vacation planned here, again.

https://www.innathoneyrun.com/rooms/...vel-honeycomb/

They call it a Honeycomb, but it's basically a bunker built into the hill side. And the food is spectacular.

However she does enjoy puzzles and Mom Lego's as she calls them, so I've got a few things to still pick up.
    Taking a break from social media.

My wife is a huge Taylor Swift fan. Now she is a huge KC Chiefs fan. I bought her a Travis Kelce jersey from the NFL shop.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    After 22 years, we've also taken to experiences vs gifts. Weekend getaways with great food and hiking.

For instance, we've got a vacation planned here, again.

https://www.innathoneyrun.com/rooms/...vel-honeycomb/

They call it a Honeycomb, but it's basically a bunker built into the hill side. And the food is spectacular.

However she does enjoy puzzles and Mom Lego's as she calls them, so I've got a few things to still pick up.
    Looks like fun. It's only a couple hours away for us. What is a good season to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    So what are we getting for our SO's?
    Building a greenhouse but instead of a regular greenhouse it's a Zome.

I recommend lots of research before agreeing to stuff in the future.

User Tag List