Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cabot Insurrection Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    If you use it right, the other guy's very peaceful.
    Well played
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    There are some historic collectible coins in that price range, I would buy first. BTW, I'm not going to. However, a Glock works just fine in the critical range of my current shooting abilities. But it ain't my money. You want to buy a Bentley for $300k that accelerates you into the Rainbow bridge and get vaporized, go ahead.

A 9mm 1911 should be made of mithril and adamantium for that price.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    There are some historic collectible coins in that price range, I would buy first. BTW, I'm not going to. However, a Glock works just fine in the critical range of my current shooting abilities. But it ain't my money. You want to buy a Bentley for $300k that accelerates you into the Rainbow bridge and get vaporized, go ahead.

A 9mm 1911 should be made of mithril and adamantium for that price.
    I will be the first to admit:

I have zero qualms about paying over $7000 for a gun.

I will also tell you this...if you're gonna spend 7k, don't buy a derivative, buy an original

Colt 1907 US Army Trials: https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-trials-pistol

Because anyone can call Cabot and order one of these ugly bastards...Few will own one of THE guns that lead to the origination of the M1911.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I will be the first to admit:

I have zero qualms about paying over $7000 for a gun.

I will also tell you this...if you're gonna spend 7k, don't buy a derivative, buy an original

Colt 1907 US Army Trials: https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-trials-pistol

Because anyone can call Cabot and order one of these ugly bastards...Few will own one of THE guns that lead to the origination of the M1911.
    Word.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Not “Peacemaker”, but “Pacemaker”

Well all I can say is that it’s taking a beating from the same people who put down any of the top end guns. Half of you have zero clue what you’re talking about, but, hey, I guess it feels good to think your Glock is comparable.

I own several Cabots and they are some of the finest handguns produced today by anyone. I may just add one of these at some point.

Yes, Cabot also compares well to the other manufacturers in the same price range. Really good company.

I've owned and still own some high end guns. Price point makes no difference in calling out dumb features like I mentioned above. Difference is that dumb features could be more tolerable in a production pistol where they could be imposed by constraints of mass production. It is much less tolerable in a 7k gun where it is imposed by desire to be different. That said, I understand that different guns are made for different purposes

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

What I think is that the manufacturers may be seeing the bottom of the 1911 market and are finding that they had better offer a 2011 type no matter what their price niche, low or high.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Well all I can say is that it’s taking a beating from the same people who put down any of the top end guns. Half of you have zero clue what you’re talking about, but, hey, I guess it feels good to think your Glock is comparable.

I own several Cabots and they are some of the finest handguns produced today by anyone. I may just add one of these at some point.

Yes, Cabot also compares well to the other manufacturers in the same price range. Really good company.
    To be honest, we're a bit jealous of your collection. Especially those Korth semiautos.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

For those who shy away from Cabot's Insurrection due to price.

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product...5097_f35aefc3d

User Tag List