Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ear Pro for AR/Rifle - Latest and greatest, what everyone's using?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Might be worth trying the Badger C1 in 1.7. I tried 1.93 for a while because I had to scrunch my neck so much on a standard mount. The 1.7 is perfect IMO. Way cheaper than a set of Amps too.
    If you aren't running a Badger C1 1.7 with an LPVO, you aren't living your best life.

Joking aside, I appreciate the thread because I have new money in the budget for shooting accessories and I'm looking to buy my first pair of MSA Sordins to replace my bulky Peltor Sport Tactical bluetooth model. The Peltor is probably the best RSO earpro there is, but not so much when training. I have a pair of the Axil corded earbuds and I hate the way the foam fits my ears with the power of a thousand burning suns. It looks like Sordin Supreme Pro X is still the answer in 2023 in my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Each to his own ... with suppressors I'm sometimes willing to go with good foamies instead of doubling up. YMMV, of course.
    Foamies are still earpro

Based on anecdotal stories, Ops-Core AMPs are not very durable and have a poor warranty. I am using Sordins with everything from LPVO to bolt action rifles. Occasionally, I would use Surefire ear plugs if I want really good cheeck weld for bolt actions.
    I am considering AXIL GS extreme 2.0 as I saw a few people wear it during a precision class.

I hate Sordins, the battery changing on them sucked. I'll take Peltor Comtacs all day over Sordins. My AMPs haven't broken but I have seen several people that had issues with that, never followed to see how CS handled it though because I had already bought them. Also, the NMFI stuff and 3d sound or whatever is great but not ground breaking. I love my AMPs mostly for work, popping on and off my Ops Core and attaching the mic and downlead to run comms is great. If not for that, Peltor Comtacs have always worked for me.

I've been a Comtac man for a long time. I do have trouble occasionally with the units seemingly no getting a good connection from the battery.. I do have a pair of swatcoms that work very well

I used non-amplified Surefire earplugs shooting shotguns.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can hear muffled sound because its not amplified. But it blocks loud shots.

Otherwise I use Comtac amplified hearing protectors.

Site Supporter
    Something I've noticed is folks running their muffs down on the side of their head, rather than trying to get them to ride higher on their head to clear the stock.

Did this to a fellow student at the last carbine class I was at, after he was complaining about it for about 4 hours and how his gear didn't work, but ours did (same equipment). Magically, it was the fix.

Walker Razor slims have been my go-to for a while with Nightfighter Gel pads, the Walker Firemax behind-the-head is pretty nice to. Better electronics from what I can tell so far.

I've never looked at Comtacs so I compared the price to the Sordins. Y'all are absolutely killing me with this buy once, cry once stuff that keeps popping up with this shooting thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Y'all are absolutely killing me with this buy once, cry once stuff that keeps popping up with this shooting thing.
    Wait until you realize most of us still buy multiple times over

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I've never looked at Comtacs so I compared the price to the Sordins. Y'all are absolutely killing me with this buy once, cry once stuff that keeps popping up with this shooting thing.
    Understand where you’re coming from w/ buy once etc. as Uncle Pat taught me that sev. decades ago so substitute you get what ya pay for the next time it pops up. That said I’m still rocking the Sord Pro-X’s I bought in 2008, one small repair & after 20K+ P, 10K+ RF & sev. K of SG in below 20° & decent rain I used them again yesterday w/ zero issues.

User Tag List