Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ear Pro for AR/Rifle - Latest and greatest, what everyone's using?

Ear Pro for AR/Rifle - Latest and greatest, what everyone's using?

Search didn't return anything recent on this:

Yesterday I was running my LPVO equipped AR and couldn't get a cheek weld without moving my right muff out of place. I'm using MSA Sordin's that I've had for about 10 years. Nothing I've tried comes close and they're fairly low profile too. Now, last night I ordered some gel cups for them... I didn't even know those existed until looking for threads on ear pro.

For rifle bare minimum, in addition to the gel cups, I'm going to double up with plugs and muffs. I have some OK plugs I custom molded at home.

So what are you guys/gals using? Suggestions?
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Ops-Core AMP with NFMI plugs are gonna be the S tier option, IMO, besides the ComTac VII with the TEP-300, since the plugs themselves are able to pass through the audio from the headset.

Otherwise, the ComTac V & VI both have an earplug mode where the speaker boosts the volume of the headset for better situational awareness.

Unfortunately, most of these options are very pricey, since they're not just ear pro, but full-on comms headsets.

I've got an older version of Peltor Shotgunner muffs that I only use when shooting ARs.

It seem like the current version of Peltor Sport Shotgunner II is not quite as low profile but also seem to be OOS in most places on Amazon.

https://hausoftools.com/products/pel...40367749890071

This is what my pair are. (of course they are discontinued)
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1062404431

I swap them out for my regular Howard Leights with Gel cups when shooting other guns.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

I love my Amps w/ NMFI plugs but they are pricey. That said, what LPVO mount and how many rounds do you have through it and ARs in general? It may just be that the mount is too low and/or you have it positioned in a less common place on your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I love my Amps w/ NMFI plugs but they are pricey. That said, what LPVO mount and how many rounds do you have through it and ARs in general? It may just be that the mount is too low and/or you have it positioned in a less common place on your body.
    Midwest Industries 30SM-20MOA. 1.5 inches to center ring, about 2.13 inches from top of stock to center of optic. That would put it in line with the rule of thumb hight over bore 2.6 inches.

Rounds through AR platforms, I'm going to guess 30k or so - nearly all through an Aimpoint T1. Through this rifle... that's the key and good question. Probably only about 1.5k. So LPVO's are new to me.

I thought about the mount not being high enough. But damn... that would be a high sight over bore if it was any higher. You have suggestions for another mount or other adjustments/variables such as how far I have the optic away from my eye?

Name:  IMG_7040.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  57.0 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Midwest Industries 30SM-20MOA. 1.5 inches to center ring, about 2.13 inches from top of stock to center of optic. That would put it in line with the rule of thumb hight over bore 2.6 inches.

Rounds through AR platforms, I'm going to guess 30k or so - nearly all through an Aimpoint T1. Through this rifle... that's the key and good question. Probably only about 1.5k. So LPVO's are new to me.

I thought about the mount not being high enough. But damn... that would be a high sight over bore if it was any higher. You have suggestions for another mount or other adjustments/variables such as how far I have the optic away from my eye?

Name:  IMG_7040.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  57.0 KB
    Might be worth trying the Badger C1 in 1.7. I tried 1.93 for a while because I had to scrunch my neck so much on a standard mount. The 1.7 is perfect IMO. Way cheaper than a set of Amps too.

i bought a pair of the TEP's recently, but have yet to try them out

Disposable foam plugs and a silencer have always worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Might be worth trying the Badger C1 in 1.7. I tried 1.93 for a while because I had to scrunch my neck so much on a standard mount. The 1.7 is perfect IMO. Way cheaper than a set of Amps too.
    Awesome! I'll check those higher mounts out!
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec

Red face

Where are you putting the stock in your shoulder? I use MSA Sordins and don’t have an issue, but I have more of the toe of the stock in my shoulder pocket and an upright head position rather than burying the stock down in my shoulder and rolling forward onto the gun. Maybe worth consideration?

https://youtu.be/SqLX19etRx8?si=H1DhGu3qz2EkCbMW
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List