Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

A 22 or 32 caliber Ruger LCR. Handguns are for carrying so I'll pick the one I can carry all the time and everywhere. All other firearm uses can be covered by long guns, however much of a buzzkill that would be.

Or pull a Malamute - pick a belt revolver and keep my mouth shut about the pocket snub. Probably a 4" pencil barreled S&W model 10.

Edit for the semi-auto subforum:

Belt: Beretta 92 FS/G/D/doesn't matter, PX4 compact in 9mm or .40, USP in forty, USP compact in forty, or G27.

Pocket: I don't trust any enough to live with forever as a one and only (particularly as round counts rise), go back to revolver selection.
    Last edited by SCCY Marshal; 12-09-2023 at 08:16 PM.

I'm gonna whine, squirm, equivocate and punt:

Semi-Auto: Ruger P89 or Glock G17

Revolver: Ruger Security Six or Blackhawk (with .357/.38 and 9mm cylinders) (both in stainless steel)

Close seconds:

Semi Auto:Gen 3 Glock G19, Gen5 G23, HK P30L LEM

Revolver: Ruger GP100

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

My Sig P239 9mm, with my Colt 9mm 1911 in second.

Mainly because the 239 is a small gun that shoots like a bigger gun. It's easy to tote, but also easy to make hits.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 12-09-2023 at 08:32 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    Hello Everyone! I don't know if this topic has ever been started on this forum, I apologize if it has, but probably most of us like to read and participate in such discussions. The question is: if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose? Personally, I would probably choose the G17, although I hesitate between it and one of the CZ-75 models precisely because of the steel/metal frame, which may still be better in the long run and when the gun may serve as an heirloom. Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 92, P226, or USP. What would you choose?
    Glock 19 MOS because of concealed carry.

If that was not a consideration Glock 47, 17, or 45 all MOS versions.

For the long run Glocks in 9mm can go hundreds of thousands of rounds. The key to that sort of longevity is to do preventive maintenance like spring changes and use snap caps for dry fire. Glock parts are common and it’s the easiest gun to work on or change parts on yourself.

There are many examples of 9mm Glocks with 100,000 to 200,000 rounds through them and at least one I’m aware of with over 500,000 rounds through it.

Give me one pistol, one pistol only: Glock 19X.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Glock 26 Mod 1.

Site Supporter
    Glock 19.

But I can have more than 1, so add a 42 and a Colt style single action.

Glock 23 with conversion barrels for 9mm & 357SIG.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My Sig P239 9mm, with my Colt 9mm 1911 in second.

Mainly because the 239 is a small gun that shoots like a bigger gun. It's easy to tote, but also easy to make hits.
    I have two of those. Probably my choice. I can shoot them well enough at 15 yds and they conceal without too much trouble. Second choice would be a P-30 SK if you want polymer. Not sure why they aren't more popular. Might be the fact they aren't a stiker and the price.

I have many revolvers but don't usually carry any of those. The one gun scenario has to be able to carry concealed. IMO.

I don't think anyone on this forum has only one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

LCR .22

User Tag List