Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Hello Everyone! I don't know if this topic has ever been started on this forum, I apologize if it has, but probably most of us like to read and participate in such discussions. The question is: if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose? Personally, I would probably choose the G17, although I hesitate between it and one of the CZ-75 models precisely because of the steel/metal frame, which may still be better in the long run and when the gun may serve as an heirloom. Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 92, P226, or USP. What would you choose?
    GLOCK 17 - My choice for defensive handgun

Tough choice between a Smith K-22 and a Smith model 19 4".

Whos going to know if I cheat and keep the Colt Agent in my pocket?

Are black powder guns counted against the total? Cartridge conversions of black powder guns?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

G5 Glock 19 MOS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock 26
    There's nothing civil about this war.

P30L V3

Is this an Apocalypse type question or some other type limit?

I'm going for a S&W 43c or a 22LR LCR. Ammo will always be more available.

HK P2000Sk v1
    Taking a break from social media.

Beretta 92

OK, I think i could do everything Id realistically need to with the K-22, 4" model 19, the Colt Agent, and a Colt SAA or quality copy in 44 spl or 45Colt caliber.

But why are we doing this?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Looking at this as if it were an apocalyptic situation, there are several ways I could go with this. One is a .22 revolver or semi- auto. Another would be a center fire revolver, but that could be either a double action or a single action. Lastly would be a center fire semi-auto. So I’ll just throw out my pick for each on.

22 LR
    I would go with an all still Ruger Mk IV with a 5.5” bull barrel and plenty of mags.

Center Fire Revolver
    Ruger GP100 in 357 with a 6” barrel. Honorable mention would be a Ruger New model Blackhawk convertible in .357/9mm.

Center Fire Semi-Auto
    Glock 45 or 19X 9mm all day long.

If I had to pick one of those, I think it would be the Ruger Mk IV.

User Tag List