Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

3-4” .357, probably a GP-100, though a Security 6, L or K frame would work too. A 4” .41 or .44 Mag would also be a contender.

Basically a gun that could be concealed, solve any social issues, put game on the table and punch holes in paper with home cast handloads using common powders.
    Last edited by Rick R; 12-09-2023 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    OK, I think i could do everything Id realistically need to with the K-22, 4" model 19, the Colt Agent, and a Colt SAA or quality copy in 44 spl or 45Colt caliber.

But why are we doing this?
    So you can tell me where to find a quality SAA clone in 44 spl?

P30L V1

Site Supporter
    It must be something I can carry all the time, regardless of temperature or dress code. My most difficult concealment challenge is summer business casual attire. Within the above limit, it must also be sufficiently capable so that it it is ever really needed, I do not find myself wishing I brought something bigger.

This criteria narrows the choice down to a Glock 26 or Sig P365. Between the two, I would lean towards the Glock 26 for its track record of durability and ease of repair if something goes wrong.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

My USPc9 with the Gray Guns action job and L&M RMR mount with the Trij HRS. Accurate, reliable, and bombproof.

Honestly, a S&W 442 or similar. It's incredibly practical, safe, low-drama and easy to cary.

Now if you are talking about some sort of Mad Max world I would pick my Langdon 92 LTT elite. The B92 is the finest combat handgun in the world, in my opinion. Reliable, accurate, easy to shoot, bomb-proof and safe to carry and handle. Just a great gun.

Only one gun. What are you, a Democrat?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glock 26
    This.

But I could also get by with my 2.75” speed six in a pinch.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

A well tuned Colt Government Model in 45 ACP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Honestly, a S&W 442 or similar. It's incredibly practical, safe, low-drama and easy to cary.

Now if you are talking about some sort of Mad Max world I would pick my Langdon 92 LTT elite. The B92 is the finest combat handgun in the world, in my opinion. Reliable, accurate, easy to shoot, bomb-proof and safe to carry and handle. Just a great gun.
    https://youtu.be/ywcKkb5buJI?si=fhcn4c7_5obKSqSf
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

This is always a tough question. Home defense + CCW + backcountry with one gun? For grizzly defense, I could settle for 9mm, but would want a larger gun for capacity and performance. So, the most gun I can readily conceal.

I’ll take my P-07 Prograde.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List