Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    the proven simplicity, durability and accuracy of pistols like a SCD equipped Glock Gen 5 G19 or now a SCD equipped, optic ready CZ P10c pistol would be my choice, with the Glock winning out only because of spare parts supply.
    You don’t actually have one of the CZ P10C SCDs yet, do you? I ask because my understanding is they weren’t going to be available until Q1 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    Hello Everyone! I don't know if this topic has ever been started on this forum, I apologize if it has, but probably most of us like to read and participate in such discussions. The question is: if you could only have only one handgun for the rest of your life, which gun would you choose? Personally, I would probably choose the G17, although I hesitate between it and one of the CZ-75 models precisely because of the steel/metal frame, which may still be better in the long run and when the gun may serve as an heirloom. Although I wouldn't mind if it was a 92, P226, or USP. What would you choose?
    Funny, somewhere on my bookshelf I have a hardcopy of "Great Combat Handguns" by Leroy Thompson and Rene Smeets, written in 1993. It was a great book for the era. In the afterword, Rene Smeets discussed choosing a handgun, as he was apparently legally limited in how many pistols he could own. A long time Browning Hi-Power fan, he said if he had to choose a new pistol, it would be the Glock 17. The Jericho (well, it is a CZ-75 clone) was his other choice. So maybe much hasn't changed since 1993?

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

So far a 642 has done anything I have ever needed a handgun to do. From dispatching armadillos, rattlesnakes, injured deer etc the 642 has done all I’ve ever asked. In reality I’m sure it will probably do anything I ever need a handgun for for the rest of my days.

If I could have two it would be a 642 and a 19. I am tossing around the idea of doing just that in 2024.

I may cheat and use a 60 and Glock 44 for range time.

I may shut off email notices of posts on this thread. I think Im having ptsd or something just thinking about not having a number of just plain fun pistols to mess with.

22s, vintage target pistols, black powder pistols, all hold a strong appeal and hope for more shooting fun time. The old Passion of the Gun thread always comes to mind when people start talking cutting down the number of guns they have. One of my first thoughts on that is "Well maybe you dont have enough FUN guns!"
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    ...he old Passion of the Gun thread always comes to mind when people start talking cutting down the number of guns they have. One of my first thoughts on that is "Well maybe you dont have enough FUN guns!"
    If it makes you feel any better, we'll have a thread coming up in the New Year about a K-frame in 22 Rem. Jet, handloading for the thing, water jug and chrono tests of the 45 grain Prvi Partizan bullets, POI shift with some various 22LR loads out of the sleeves, and articles about it from the likes of Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith.

Glock 18

If I can’t have that, then I want Glock 7 so that I can carry on flights.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I've already documented in another thread I have a serious attachment to my 1997 G19.

But if I could add a revolver it would probably be my model 10-5 S&W snub...I could probably, at least on occasion, make pocket carry work, but definitely love it AIWB.

Ah heck...nobody here can have just one! Enablers all...

FWIW I'm saving for a G26.5, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, we'll have a thread coming up in the New Year about a K-frame in 22 Rem. Jet, handloading for the thing, water jug and chrono tests of the 45 grain Prvi Partizan bullets, POI shift with some various 22LR loads out of the sleeves, and articles about it from the likes of Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith.
    I think a Jet would be good fun. They are a bit pricey to buy one, but would be fun.

Linebaugh mentioned he had read a book about Frank Hamer, he had a Jet that he carried along with other pistols at the same time, he reportedly liked that he could make head shots @ 100 yards with no holdover, presumably when someone was behind cover and shooting at him with rifles.

Regardless, it would be a lot of fun for longer range shooting. I have dies and a barrel, not sure if I will progress further than that.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Glock 18

If I can’t have that, then I want Glock 7 so that I can carry on flights.
    It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!
    You’d be surprised what I make in a month!

User Tag List