Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Cheap things are usually cheap for a reason.

I suggest keeping an eye out for things like this instead. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Trade-Ins-399

Several people on here have had some success with the Taurus 856. That's a little over $300 and up.
    Nothing but good results from the 856 three inch.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Just ONE Handgun?!? If that sad state of affairs ever came to pass, it would most likely be a four-inch S&W Model 686--Now to decide whether to go with a ''Six-shooter" or a seven-shot 686 Plus...

I guess one of my 3” SP101s in 357.

That’s just about all I care to put up with when it comes to carry guns anymore.

G5 G19

Hmm-this is an interesting exercise…

One…wow. First thought was a G19. Then fantasizing took hold, and I perused the Korth revolvers. If money were no object a .357 with a 9 mm conversion cylinder. Then, as mentioned earlier, a Ruger .357 single action convertible with a 9mm cylinder.
    Then I focused for a moment: Gen5 19 MOS w/ACRO and Streamlight-kinda what’s by the bed now-and a.22 rimfire conversion unit.
    I might take someone else’s revolver, but the 19 makes the most sense for me.
    Only alternative might be a G26MOS and a conversion unit.
    Plenty of mags, spare parts and AMMO!

Originally, I would have answered with my HK P30 V1; however, I spent 2023 mostly shooting my USP V7 and now have that as my favorite. I really like the grip texture and shape, particularly when I have the extended pinky rest on the magazine. LEM trigger is also nice. I realize this is also subjective but it just looks very classy.

The only thing I would change on it is the take down lever. My left thumb always seems to rest against the axle head, which isn’t particularly great. Probably just terrible technique on my part.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by vsdtrek View Post
    Originally, I would have answered with my HK P30 V1...
    Gato naranja is no longer "the gun guy" at any workplace, but if I still were, I would nowadays be tempted to tell people to get a P30 or P30SK - depending on their situation - and then embargo the LGS and get on with the business of life. Considering I like HK as a corporate entity nearly as much as I like SIG, this is a stretch for me... but I do like the P30.

I have become weary trying to convince people to give the Beretta PX4 (or any other Beretta for that matter) a try and would probably find the P30 equally tough to get anyone to take seriously.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS

1911 in 45acp. Not the best at everything, but good at most things. Good hunting accuracy, and powerful enough for where I live. Easy to reload for with good projectile availability. Otherwise a GP100 in 45 colt would be my unicorn.

Id choose whatever I have on me, because that's what I AM GOING TO HAVE. And it would be a 1911 45acp.

User Tag List