Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Name:  20231030_133639.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  41.3 KB
    Would probably be my 365. Really like this gun - just a great blend of practicality/capability/reliability in a very concealable package.
    Runner up would be my G26.5 with Trijicon HD'S. Same deal, just a little more "blocky" 😀
    Name:  20231013_102101.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  78.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    But you see... I don't really care about your opinion on what you think constitutes a pistol.

I'll stick with the USA ATF definition because... it's a commonly accepted definition and the legally accepted definition and not the opinion of sum dood.

I don't get the feeling you actually know very much about firearms or building firearms.

There is a LOOOOOT of functional overlap between 9mm / 40SW and 357 Sig.... depending on the load of the ammo you're using.

Gamer Syntech 9mm makes power like a 380 ACP. It takes more engineering to get that to work in a +P sprung duty 9mm gun.

And frangible 357 Sig often makes power lower than a 9mm +P.

And short barrel 357 Sig is pretty close to 9mm +P+.

And I shoot 9 major out of some 9mm guns... but not with the same RSA as I'd shoot gamer ammo.

Open your mind a little and things might make a little sense for you once you get outside of what the factory specs and manual say.
    It's quite simple, they have to put the serial number somewhere and that required a made-up definition which isn't actual and whole truth. A pistol is a machine designed to launch bullets with one hand, long guns are machines designed to launch bullets with both hands. So again, an FCU merely controls the firing mechanism whether it's a pistol or long gun. I don't think you have to just take 'sum doods' opinion on this as you can simply run a quick search for the actual definition of a pistol that is widely accepted outside of the highly narrowed focus of an organization that appears to merely rule by decree in many cases.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 10.07.34 PM.png
Views: 277
Size:  33.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I own a special CZC 75B that was made and fitted with a 9mm, 357 Sig and 40SW barrel from the shop.

Attachment 112492

It was made that way… so @RealSelf what’s the deal? It came that way from the shop with all three barrels… did they sell me three guns?!!! I’m busting your chops but it’s clearly one gun and was sold that way.

It’s also the one gun I would pick as it was sold to me in that configuration.
    Again, all the ATF would have to do is **Surprised face**.... change their definition of what constitutes a pistol and suddenly you own three pistols overnight.

The reality would of course be that you bought one pistol and were given two extra parts to rebuild the pistol to function in a different capacity.

I also highly doubt that pistol would be optimized to run reliably with all three calibers, if they have accomplished that then I'd say it's spectacular and they've accomplished what not even the most successful (market share-wise) pistol company could do. I'm not saying it doesn't work doing those kinds of swaps but it's usually never optimal for reasons of force/mass/pressure/etc. being different. I mean if you just change ammo in a pistol it can become unreliable so changing calibers is never entirely straightforward even though the parts can fit together perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    It's quite simple, they have to put the serial number somewhere and that required a made-up definition which isn't actual and whole truth. A pistol is a machine designed to launch bullets with one hand, long guns are machines designed to launch bullets with both hands. So again, an FCU merely controls the firing mechanism whether it's a pistol or long gun. I don't think you have to just take 'sum doods' opinion on this as you can simply run a quick search for the actual definition of a pistol that is widely accepted outside of the highly narrowed focus of an organization that appears to merely rule by decree in many cases.
    What are you even arguing here?

Good grief man.

Again, all the ATF would have to do is **Surprised face**.... change their definition of what constitutes a pistol and suddenly you own three pistols overnight.

The reality would of course be that you bought one pistol and were given two extra parts to rebuild the pistol to function in a different capacity.

I also highly doubt that pistol would be optimized to run reliably with all three calibers, if they have accomplished that then I'd say it's spectacular and they've accomplished what not even the most successful (market share-wise) pistol company could do. I'm not saying it doesn't work doing those kinds of swaps but it's usually never optimal for reasons of force/mass/pressure/etc. being different. I mean if you just change ammo in a pistol it can become unreliable so changing calibers is never entirely straightforward even though the parts can fit together perfectly.
    Double good grief man.

You really don’t know much about guns or testing.

Can we bring the thread back to the topic of one gun and leave off rules lawyering the question?

Is there a turducken equivalent gun? A .32 Keltec inside a Glock 19 inside a Staccato?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is there a turducken equivalent gun? A .32 Keltec inside a Glock 19 inside a Staccato?
    Name:  IMG_0187.gif
Views: 264
Size:  46.3 KB

Can we bring the thread back to the topic of one gun and leave off rules lawyering the question?

HK4?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter

Name:  Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 10.07.34 PM.png
Views: 277
Size:  33.3 KB
    That "made-up" definition is actually codified in this weird thing called the law. Repeatedly, and in lots of laws penned since the GCA of 1968.
    So while few if any of us are happy about the ATF's or other .gov entities or leadership that tries to circumvent the law, it is still the law we'd see used in a courtroom. So I'll have to beg your pardon if that carries more weight than a Google search and your functional fixedness with me.

Now, if you're this upset about JCN being clever about a fun thought exercise, I can't wait to see how pissed off you get when you learn he's taken a Dremel tool to more nice new guns than most people will ever own. Stranger still, he usually gets pretty good (or at least interesting) results from doing so.
    Last edited by JRB; 12-12-2023 at 10:49 PM.

Site Supporter

A 40mm cartridge that fires a sabot round containing a complete NAA .22 Short revolver?

User Tag List