Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could have only one pistol/handgun?

Glock 19. Next question.

My Wilson EDC X9 would be my choice. It’s what I like to carry, and I could even compete with it if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My USPc9 with the Gray Guns action job and L&M RMR mount with the Trij HRS. Accurate, reliable, and bombproof.
    That’s a damn fine choice. I could probably live with that.

In order, these would be my choices...

1 - M&P 2.0 4.25" with Apex Gunsmith fit barrel and Apex FSS Trigger kit
    2 - Glock 19 G5
    3 - USP Expert 45

We are in an golden age of polymer where there are so many plastic-fantastic options available. It is of my opinion that the M&P out of the box is really good, but not great. Its as reliable as a Glock with better ergo's, but I consider the the Glock (G5) at the entry level of great out of the box, sights aside. The Apex parts make the M&P exceptional, turns it into an extension of your arm and puts it beyond any polymer gun on the market IMO. A polymer 9mm "Hand of God" if you will.

Site Supporter
    Another vote for the G26.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

P365 “firearm”.

You can make a dozen different guns from it, swapping frames and slides. It makes too much sense.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was looking at the Steel Macro sized grips and the XXL ported slides with comped barrels. Really could serve a medium gun purpose.
    This whole concept really muddies the waters because a 365 Module is not really one pistol, unless you go by the ATF definition. I consider a pistol to be an entire entity, not a part of that entity. Nobody would say that a chassis is a car and so forth. So you're really not choosing an actual pistol but rather like a dozen various pistols you COULD theoretically assemble off of a single FCU. That's not one pistol, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    This whole concept really muddies the waters because a 365 Module is not really one pistol, unless you go by the ATF definition. I consider a pistol to be an entire entity, not a part of that entity. Nobody would say that a chassis is a car and so forth. So you're really not choosing an actual pistol but rather like a dozen various pistols you COULD theoretically assemble off of a single FCU. That's not one pistol, fwiw.
    You do know we are talking about a hypothetical situation, right?

So there really aren’t any “rules.”

From a pure practicality standpoint, it's hard not to just say "G19 Gen 5 MOS" as others have and be done with it. It's probably the smartest choice. That said, if this is my only handgun, it needs to be able to fill multiple roles and be future-proof from any future out of control legislation.

I shoot my G21 (Gen 4 and 5) better than any other semi auto pistol. Since my usage of 9mm is contingent on access to current state of the art expanding duty ammunition, I could see scenarios where such ammunition is not available, in which case I'd really prefer a .45 for a semi auto. A Glock 21 Gen 5 would be the one, and it can be cut to take 10rd G30 mags if hi caps become verboten. I don't really have an issue concealing a G21, but if I wanted to I could make it easier by chopping the grip.

I also love the USP 45 and could load it with anything from powderpuff 185gr practice handloads in the event arthritis gets to me (I'm 31 so hopefully it'd be a while if it happens), to full power expanding defensive ammunition, to .45 Super for outdoors.

Then there's also the 7 shot 4" stainless GP100. It has the widest variety of ammunition and uses from practice, to home defense, to urban carry, to backwoods carry. Future proof from mag bans and much other crazy legislation that I may see in my lifetime. I wouldn't feel bad with a GP100 and a bunch of spare parts.

Really it comes down to a good, well-vetted GP100 or a Glock 21. As I'm on a revolver kick right now, I'm saying GP100, but that answer may change to the G21 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You do know we are talking about a hypothetical situation, right?

So there really aren’t any “rules.”

The only real rules I can think of are possible legalities if/where such restrictions could exist, and whatever the legal definition is, is all that matters. In places with such restrictions on numbers, converion kits are more practical, or "build-a-gun on one serialed part", as would something like a TC Contender if much hunting or field use was a large part of ones reason for having handguns (bizarre concept, I know....). As an internet thread starter idea, rules are whatever the imagination of the starter says, or others agree to, and i never agreed to any such restriction, so I guess I dont play the game very well. I have no intention of only having one handgun, unless on me at any given moment was the qustion, and not always then.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Contenders shouldn't be allowed in this thread. If I only had one gun, and it was a Contender, barrels in every stupid caliber would be like a crack habit. 22 Kay Chuck? Hell yeah! Oh, look, a 218 Bee showed up after I got the Kay Chuck settled and I need it because it is not at all completely different!

User Tag List